An offer that's too good to miss?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cervaro, Sep 29, 2007.

1. cervaro macrumors regular

I have the chance of buying a 17" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz in a sale (brand new) from a reputable retailer, at a discount of £300 off list. Now it's not the HD screen I was thinking of getting, but would feel able to add a 24" external screen from Samsung or Dell for the above saving. I know we're only a few weeks away from Leopard, but again, the above discount makes it easier to live with, and time for Apple to iron out the wrinkles in the final release version of 10.5 a couple of months down the line before forking out for the upgrade package.

So do I miss out on the above, and chance my arm with a friends higher education discount in a few weeks time (or come January if any upgrades happen?) or go for the discounted model now?

I've not had a Mac for over a month now since I sold my iMac, and would prefer to be working on a Mac than my admittedly high spec media PC.

What would 'you' do given the same choice?

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

I'd say do it! The savings will more than pay for Leopard and I cannot see them updating the macbook pro any time soon.

I would not, but then I think 17 inch is too big for a laptop!

3. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

What would I do?

I wouldn't settle. If I shell out that much money for anything, I want what -=I=- want and nothing short.
    But I'm stubborn too... :)

4. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing