An old Game from the 90s

Hazmat401

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
Delaware County, Pa
Looking for info on a vintage game I used to play when we had free time in elementary school. It was on a vintage Macintosh classic or newer. I remember it having a color display

Anyway the game involved these little miners digging a path underground.... each minor had a function and if you got it wrong... a rock can cave in on you or your miner falls into a pit and it’s game over

Anyone have the slightest ideas on what I’m talking about?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Looking for info on a vintage game I used to play when we had free time in elementary school. It was on a vintage Macintosh classic or newer. I remember it having a color display

Anyway the game involved these little miners digging a path underground.... each minor had a function and if you got it wrong... a rock can cave in on you or your miner falls into a pit and it’s game over

Anyone have the slightest ideas on what I’m talking about?
Gold Digger?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I cut my teeth on Chip’s Challenge (PC). Still have fond memories of the rage-inducing puzzles.
Yeah I had that as part of BOWEP which bundled it with Tetris, Ski Free, Pipe Dream, Rodent’s Revenge, and a few others... good times. :)

RhianB

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2016
505 USA
Aside from my Atari 2600, my c64 jam back in the day was jumpman. Hooked my Atari joystick into the c64 for hours upon hours of fun.

Legacy of the Ancients was another badass game that ate up a bunch of my youth as well as D&D curse of the azure bonds.

Fun titles. Oh man now I have to dig out my c64 & get some jumpman action going.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Aside from my Atari 2600, my c64 jam back in the day was jumpman. Hooked my Atari joystick into the c64 for hours upon hours of fun.

Legacy of the Ancients was another badass game that ate up a bunch of my youth as well as D&D curse of the azure bonds.

Fun titles. Oh man now I have to dig out my c64 & get some jumpman action going.
Project Space Station.

Telengard

Karateka