Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i have made a quick video of my systems here.

i plan to post more videos of my folding, but this is it for now. i encourage others to do the same if you get a chance.

(sorry, the specs of the last system didn't save for some reason, but they are: intel i7 920; 2 x GTX 260; 9GB RAM)

let me know what you think and if you have any questions

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
i have made a quick video of my systems here.

i plan to post more videos of my folding, but this is it for now. i encourage others to do the same if you get a chance.

(sorry, the specs of the last system didn't save for some reason, but they are: intel i7 920; 2 x GTX 260; 9GB RAM)

let me know what you think and if you have any questions

Awsome! is that a heat sink on top of the first one? running a computer without a case is so cool annd the alienware is really nice.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Awsome! is that a heat sink on top of the first one? running a computer without a case is so cool annd the alienware is really nice.

haha thanks.

yeah that's a heat sink i put on there - which is one reason why it's not in a case. i had trouble getting the motherboard to fit in a case b/c i had to take the back piece of the processor fitting off and replace it with the one that came with the heat sink.

yeah i do like the alienware. it's not a top of the line or anything. i got it at best buy for around $1600 after taxes - then i added another GTX 260 to it.

i'd like to see a video of all your rigs!

i also plan on making a more detailed video eventually

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Great video, love the asus computer (case).

Discovered a new app, FahMon, how did you get it to give you bonus points? I have dl it and its great, however now I am going to try for bonus points so I have dl HFM.net and I really hate the app. I like simplicity. It was confusing to setup to.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Great video, love the asus computer (case).

Discovered a new app, FahMon, how did you get it to give you bonus points? I have dl it and its great, however now I am going to try for bonus points so I have dl HFM.net and I really hate the app. I like simplicity. It was confusing to setup to.

thanks. my next video should be much better.

FahMon doesn't do bonus points. so everything in the video is without bonus. i've tried HFM.net also, and kinda agree. i mean, it's usable. but not as easy to use as FahMon. and you gotta save your config before closing the app or you'll lose everything in HFM.net

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
thanks. my next video should be much better.

FahMon doesn't do bonus points. so everything in the video is without bonus. i've tried HFM.net also, and kinda agree. i mean, it's usable. but not as easy to use as FahMon. and you gotta save your config before closing the app or you'll lose everything in HFM.net

It is saying my i7 with 850ppd is capable of 4000ppd with bonuses, does that sound right? I am doing a frame around every 8 min. I think when I added a new client I left the mhz bit as 1, is it meant to be diffrent?

Wholly crap are you getting 20,000 ppd from one system without it including bonuses, what would it be with? I like.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
It is saying my i7 with 850ppd is capable of 4000ppd with bonuses, does that sound right? I am doing a frame around every 8 min. I think when I added a new client I left the mhz bit as 1, is it meant to be diffrent?

Wholly crap are you getting 20,000 ppd from one system without it including bonuses, what would it be with? I like.

here is a link to a calculator that will tell you what to expect as far as PPD.

haha, yep. that's running an i7 920 overclocked to about 3.5-3.6 ghz and 2 x nvidia GTX 260 gpu's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.