Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
All set, installed the ssd (luckily it all went well), then i had already fitted the installer El Capitan on an external drive and don't the installation on the ssd... but, i must say that there is a strange freeze of the dock while it shifts to disappear when i shutdown El Capitan. Does this freeze happen to you guys too? Its not that the OS freezes, just the dock seems to freeze and then of course the os shuts down, it just looks like a small glitch!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
All set, installed the ssd (luckily it all went well), then i had already fitted the installer El Capitan on an external drive and don't the installation on the ssd... but, i must say that there is a strange freeze of the dock while it shifts to disappear when i shutdown El Capitan. Does this freeze happen to you guys too? Its not that the OS freezes, just the dock seems to freeze and then of course the os shuts down, it just looks like a small glitch!
I see that sometimes on mine also. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You have El Capitan and when it shuts down you see the dock to freeze while moving downwards and away from screen? Is that what you are saying?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You have El Capitan and when it shuts down you see the dock to freeze while moving downwards and away from screen? Is that what you are saying?
Yep... it seems like the Dock is shutting down is how it looks. And that very well may be what is happening I suppose.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Yes i believe thats whats happening too, but there seems to be a glitch in the code (or something) and that's why it freezes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.