** anal about the battery life **

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gharvell, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gharvell macrumors member

I guess I am a little anal about the battery life issues. Can someone tell me under NORMAL day-to-day usage how often does the phone need to be charged.
    When I use Siri the battery life is terrible.
    I usually can go for about two days before I need to charge is that about average...

Thanks

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Two days is great. You might want to turn off the battery percentage and go back to the old bar graph. You'll feel much better. :eek:

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I agree. Turn off the percentage display and you'll be a lot happier. It's going to drop differently depending on what you are doing, temperature etc. No sense in worrying about it.

4. pourmood macrumors newbie

I understand where you're coming from, but just charge as often as you need to without being concerned about your perception of battery life. No need to over worry about something you'll probably replace in two years.

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've got a 4 not a 4s, but I charge mine every night.

Since it's a smart phone, I think of it as a pocket sized laptop instead of a phone. It puts into perspective how nice it is to have a device that can last throughout the day.

6. HeezyBear macrumors regular

Everyone uses their phone differently, but I know for me I need to charge the phone once a day. And that's cool with me because it's when I'm sleeping. I wake up with 100% and usually by the time I'm going to bed it's somewhere around 10%. Don't really need any more out of my phone's battery than to last an entire day.

7. gharvell thread starter macrumors member

thanks for all your comments, will turn the percentage off...
    again thanks

8. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

i average up to 7 hours of use on the 4S if I don't play any sort of games or watch videos and stick to things like web, music, calls, texts and a little bit of siri. I still charge it every night since I got it on the 14th. I've been draining it completely everyday then charging it overnight to hopefully improve the battery life estimates.

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

You should get about 7 hours of usage under normal conditions. N oneed to worry though. Just plug it into the wall!