Analyst reports that iPad 2 has 512 RAM

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gforce216, Mar 3, 2011.

1. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

On AppleInsider a Korean analyst has reported the specs on both the CPU and RAM for the iPad 2 and says that the new iPad does indeed have 512MB of RAM.

I know it's not the concrete evidence we are looking for but it helps those who are hoping for larger than 256MB.

Also, sorry if this has been posted. I did a quick search beforehand and did not see it so I assumed it was not yet mentioned.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...has_512mb_of_ram_same_as_iphone_4_report.html

2. Salacion macrumors 6502a

Analyst are to never be trusted, but it's nice to hear at the very least.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

I mean it's good to hear it, but I think it's pretty much a given that it has 512MB.

I doubt apps like iMovie would be able to run without it..

4. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that this is no ordinary analyst......this analyst is Korean.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

That really must be the best job in the world. You make up information that is so powerful that it can shift the stock market or cause people to change purchase considerations. And if you're wrong or get busted lying there's zero accountability. Oh, and you get free products.

I imagine that its a game to their little group where these people create misinformation just to see who could spread it the furthest. And on the rare occassion that they're right then the paychecks and name recognition skyrocket.

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I am reporting it has 768 megs of ram to be safe.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

rumors and hearsay. Sure everyone is hoping it will be 512meg and many people are expecting it, given the iPhone has 512meg. You cannot turn hope/expectation into fact.

Only after people get their paws on the iPad 2 will we know for sure.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Apple's tired of all the complaints about about having more RAM on the iPhone so the new iPad has 513 megs.