Analysts Predict High Price of iPhone X Will Lead to 'Weakened Demand' in Q1 2018

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 26, 2017.

1. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

Why do you pay outright?
    I mean really - why?

And with the Apple Upgrade program I get a new phone each year for about half the cost (if I were to buy to outright) while only outlaying a monthly installment.

2. Black Tiger macrumors 6502

I am not sure if this is typical in all regions, but I was able to negotiate a lower plan by bringing my own (purchased outright) phone. It works out to less to purchase the phone outright than the more expensive contract-tied phones on subsidy over 24 months, plus it is unlocked. At least in Canada.

3. Martyimac macrumors 65816

Martyimac

I can only explain my thoughts about buying outright since that is what I do.
    When I buy outright, I know the immediate hit to my bottom line. Essentially it's a can I afford to do this right now? Buying on credit does make it easy to buy them with much less monthly "pain" I admit, but it also makes you feel good about using credit. I have always paid my credit card off when I get the bill. I haven't carried any credit card debt since 2006. I have occasionally bought a car on credit only to keep my credit scores up on the off chance I may need a loan for something but always pay it off withing 3-4 months, and that was the plan before I ever signed the papers, yes I had the cash on hand.
    Getting use to using credit has put MANY folks in dire straits over the years.
    So if I can't afford it outright, why would I think I could still afford it using credit?
    These thoughts are applicable only to me, and PS my credit score hovers at around 815, give or take.

4. macgabe macrumors regular

Finally just got my white 256 GB yesterday Jan 13, 2018 ordered Nov 24, 2017. So still like gold dust here 2 ½ months after release date.