Anand new iPad Review

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DeathChill, Mar 28, 2012.

1. DeathChill macrumors 68000

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Interesting about IB2 and other games resolution scaling merely 1.4x-ish due to weak GPU.

3. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

As I suspected, the benefits of "retina" in gaming applications will not materialize until iPad... the next iPad, the newer one... well the newest one... you get what I mean.

By the time the developers update their apps and take advantage of the new resources, it will be time for the next iPad!

4. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

What stunned me is how gorgeous those screens look, even viewed on my iPad 2. They sure don't look like the splotchy yellow, pink green grey mess I returned to Apple, nor like any of the screen photos posted here on MacRumors or Apple Support forums.

It gives me hope for when I try again.

5. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

They don't joke around with reviews over there. That thing is longer than some Harry Potter books. :D

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted

Extremely thorough (as usual) and very well-written (as usual). Love Anand's reviews. And clearly he understands the hardware market enough to give insightful guesses on what we may see in the next gen. The 2013 iPad gets me a lot more excited than the new iPad. Should see substantial processor improvements, which should allow for some exciting iOS innovations.

7. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

So they wrote all that and never bothered to test sound quality?

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

(4th generation)

Most have updates, every app on my home screen asside from Facebook has updated.

9. brentsg macrumors 68040

Even Xbox 360 and PS3 do this. They don't render most games at 1080p, so no.. It isn't a surprise that the iPad doesn't render at a much higher resolution using a mobile GPU.