Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/lg-g2-and-msm8974-snapdragon-800-a-quick-look

Display:
We've been very pleased with what comes out of LG Display as of late, and the G2 doesn't disappoint.

I measured the G2 display and was very impressed with how things turned out.

Camera:
So far I'm very impressed with the resolution that this affords and the G2's ability to still produce decent results indoors where light isn't so good and outside at night.

In addition the G2 can record 1080p60 video, something I've been waiting to see a mobile device do for a long time.

Battery:
The LG G2 battery life is shockingly good through our tests, and in subjective use.
57938.png

Conclusions:
I've been using the G2 as my daily since getting it, and have been really quite impressed with the device.

I'd take a back mounted power button over a top mounted power button anytime after using the G2.

Overall LG's G2 is surprisingly good. It's built on a great platform, with great battery life and includes a number of design decisions that show honest to goodness innovative thinking on LG's part. We'll wait to give our final recommendation on the G2 until we get an LTE version with final software, but if you're looking for an Android phone with a ~5" display this fall the G2 looks like it could be high on your list.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Meh, i'll wait about 2 months and pick one up for dirt cheap on CL, like I did for the OG. Not worth paying full price for an LG product.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Meh, i'll wait about 2 months and pick one up for dirt cheap on CL, like I did for the OG. Not worth paying full price for an LG product.

This is exactly right. After the Note 3 is out, these will be a dime a dozen.

How stupid was LG to remove SD support? It's really the only thing missing from this phone. Sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.