Anandtech Prelim Benches... 6S is a BEAST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by magbarn, Sep 28, 2015.

1. magbarn, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

magbarn macrumors 68000

New Flash memory controller FTW
    [​IMG]
    Crazy good browser performance
    [​IMG]
    GPU lays the smackdown
    [​IMG]
    Something had to give... Battery life
    [​IMG]

2 BEASTLY cores >>>>> 8 crappy cores

Oh Apple if you only put the A9 in the mini.... You'd have made $3K from my family over the weekend lol...

The benches back up my 'seat of the pants benchmarking', my 6S+ feels faster or is on par with the Air 2....

EDIT: Sorry looks like it's a re-post....

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Yes, it is a beast. But there will be many Samsung fans claiming that the Galaxy S6 has a higher multi-core score in Geekbench. What they seem to ignore is that the iPhone 6s beats it by 1,000 points in the single-core score and almost ties the multi-core score with 1/4 the cores. The results you posted speak for themselves!

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

New iPhones always blow competing devices out of the water. As Apple's in-house chip design matures, this difference will be even larger.

However, this will still be conveniently ignored by Apple bashers. Apple is anyway doomed and anyone who buys the phone is anyway a sheep.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Lol... why you can't enjoy the performance without bashing Samsung (who probably manufactured it) is beyond me. FWIW I compared my edge+ to the 6S+ in the AT&T store and the edge+ booted faster, and the two were roughly equivalent when opening apps (sometimes one was faster, sometimes the other was faster depending on the app).

6. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Sure thing...

I owned the s6 pretty much the same as the edge and that phone got annoyingly slow after about a month.

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Don't ask me why but people had complaints of the S6 and S6 edge getting mad lag... edge+ and Note5 don't seem to have that issue and I doubt it's because of the 4GB RAM. Not sure why tho... so far so good for me its been over a month