Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickbaum

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2005
I have a question regarding this. I have a revision A 12-inch powerbook, the one with a VGA port instead of a DVI ports. This obviously precludes getting a cinema display. I've been looking at the 2005FPW, but I'm not sure my machine can handle that resolution. The Dell has 1680 x 1050, and the PB specs mention a maximum resolution of 1600x1200 - so the Dell is wider but less tall.

Has anyone used the Dell with a revA 12'pb? Does it work?

-Nick

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
dvdh said:
In terms of companies that can make a monitor that actually has a good looking hindside, there is always the Danish company Eyegonomic. Not sure how there display performance is, but the industrial design is in the same general category as B&O and Apple. There products kind of remind me of Artemide Lighting as well (see the last picture) which is a good thing as well.

Wow, interesting...this one has a nice butt too: :D

t17_03.jpg

t17_01.jpg

Also, I noted that the T-series monitors can all be swiveled on the back, à la the old Radius monitors, to work in either portrait or landscape mode. Although I'm guessing these things aren't exactly cheap in comparison to Apple! :eek: :D

Qunchuy

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
evilernie said:
And it may not be the prettiest monitor especially from the back, but who cares? You're not staring at the back all day!
True, I'm not. But not everyone has their monitor with the back to the wall. Many receptionists -- and even executives -- have the back of their computer facing anyone who visits. Lots of people I know have their home computer set up so they can look past it to the television, and the rear of the display is out there for everyone else in the family room to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.