Anarchy Online / Windows Vista Ultimate / Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Senor360, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Senor360 macrumors regular

Senor360

Well.. I played AO years ago (4+) and thought I would revisit my old account. I downloaded the client, installed it, kicked it off and man it's glitchy! I'm running Boot Camp 2.1 drivers on my fresh Vista Ultimate install (earlier this week). Any suggestions? I get graphics glitches galore.. display menus appear/dissappear, characters / area textures pop in and out. I've tried all 4-5 driver settings in the launcher, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-omar

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well I would assume the problem is that the game is 4+ years old, and a lot of old games dont run very well in Vista...sorry man :(

3. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Actually the game is celebrating its 7th year....it came out in 2001. I love AO, and in fact still have an account. However, from what I have heard, Vista doesnt play nice with older games. I use XP until they get all of the mess fixed with older games(if they do).

4. Senor360 thread starter macrumors regular

Senor360

Well drats..

I guess that would be it then. Looks like I'll be blowing that install out of the water and throwing up old reliable on there. :) Thx for the info guys.

5. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Heh, sorry for your problems with vista...but if your into gaming XP is definately the way to go. Sorry, Vista just isnt there yet. Besides there arent that many games that actively use Directx 10...so at this point in the game its not worth it...

Hang on to it though, once it is matured, Im sure DirectX will Rock!