Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker soon for MAC!! (Nov.)(+Question)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Preclaro_tipo, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Preclaro_tipo macrumors regular

Well it appears that ancestry.com is coming out with a mac app. Add that to the list of apps returning or entering the mac market for the first time (CAD).

http://store.ancestry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?P=P-4845&o_iid=45865&o_lid=45865

I hope that link works.

It is 20% off if you pre-order it. I use the latest MacFamily Tree program that is made exclusively for the mac but I'm tempted to switch to something that sync with ancestry.com.

The question (that I initially forgot to add) was if you planned on getting this app, are you transitioning from the PC version, Using Macfamily tree, or a different program. Does anyone have experience with the PC version of Ancestry.com and MacFamily Tree 5 or 6?

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Family Tree Maker was the only reason I needed to set up VMWare on my parents' computer. Hopefully, it won't be too buggy with this initial release. It'll definitely reduce my iChat screen sharing technical support sessions.

GL

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll wait until it is actually released to see what it delivers.