Ancients speak on the first iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HolyGrail, Sep 18, 2014.

1. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

I love how MacRumors archives everything. It allows us to look back on history. Any of you guys read this thread back in the day? Back when the blackberry was King? :p

Here's an example of a quote from the thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=265898

2. aprofetto8 macrumors regular

I just skimmed through the thread. What a cool read.

Seems people were really hung up on the whole iPod being turned into a phone aspect that really nobody saw what was coming.

Even when you watch the first iPhone keynote, now a days it seems so archaic, when Jobs shows off the way the scrolling works, etc. But back when he introduced it, it's hard to appreciate what smartphones looked like and functioned like.

I've always only owned an iPhone. But it's cool to see what Apple was able to bring the smartphone industry to what we know today. I often wonder if Jobs/Apple was never around, what would smartphones be like today from a design point of view. I guess you could argue it would've gotten to where it is one way or another.

Anyways, cool read nonetheless.

3. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Wow. What can I say... This just goes to show how much us contemplators around tech and Apple world lack vision. I remember thinking of the original iPad as just a giant iPod touch. I definitely lack vision...:(

4. aprofetto8 macrumors regular

I live in Canada, when the first iPad was announced, it was in US Apple stores before Canada Apple stores had it (can't remember the exact spread).

Anyways, I had visited the US and I posted a picture of me holding one on Facebook, and I got absolutely ripped apart. I hadn't even purchased it, literally just held it.

Comments were of the sort "Don't tell me you bought that!", "It's just a giant iPod!", "Eww", "I don't see the point of a product like that", etc.

I don't buy things, especially phones, tablets, etc to gain peoples approval, I was more just excited to actually see one and be able to play with it. I wasn't surprised people were giving those kind of comments, but what's funny now is, everyone who ripped it apart on my Facebook picture now owns one themselves.

5. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Lol, that post is classic! Hope he enjoys his slvr!