and a Cool iTunes 7 trick..!

amigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2006
23
0
While playing around with Cover Flow view I came across an album which I realised should really be added to one of my existing playlists. I took a notion to see if I could just drag the album cover to the playlist icon in the Source panel (why is this now un-named, incidentally?) — and, lo and behold, it worked! This is wonderfully convenient. I don’t remember being able to do anything like this before. Wasn’t it necessary to select all the tracks first and then drag the selection to the playlist icon?
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
6
NJ/NYC
amigo said:
While playing around with Cover Flow view I came across an album which I realised should really be added to one of my existing playlists. I took a notion to see if I could just drag the album cover to the playlist icon in the Source panel (why is this now un-named, incidentally?) — and, lo and behold, it worked! This is wonderfully convenient. I don’t remember being able to do anything like this before. Wasn’t it necessary to select all the tracks first and then drag the selection to the playlist icon?
Not sure, but its always fun to find new tricks! Good Job.
 

amigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2006
23
0
I posted this trick already, but it was mistakingly closed, so I'll add it to this post:

"Did you download the new iTunes 7 already? I like almost all the new features. There's one cool trick you may not have noticed. If you launch iTunes 7 while holding the Option and Command keys you'll get the chance to pick your iTunes Library or create a new one. This will allow some creative solutions to storing large libraries in different locations."

Trick source
 

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,725
0
I've been waiting a long time for the multiple library feature of iTunes. Thanks for the tip! I've now separated my music library from my sound effects library, since cataloging sound fx with iTunes is so much easier than in Filemaker. :)
 

amigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2006
23
0
spicyapple said:
I've been waiting a long time for the multiple library feature of iTunes. Thanks for the tip! I've now separated my music library from my sound effects library, since cataloging sound fx with iTunes is so much easier than in Filemaker. :)
glad I could help =)
 

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
420
0
USA
amigo said:
While playing around with Cover Flow view I came across an album which I realised should really be added to one of my existing playlists. I took a notion to see if I could just drag the album cover to the playlist icon in the Source panel (why is this now un-named, incidentally?) — and, lo and behold, it worked! This is wonderfully convenient. I don’t remember being able to do anything like this before. Wasn’t it necessary to select all the tracks first and then drag the selection to the playlist icon?
That's a nice one there! Thanks! :) I love CoverFlow even more after reading this tip. :)
 

amigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2006
23
0
wiseguy27 said:
That's a nice one there! Thanks! :) I love CoverFlow even more after reading this tip. :)
Onizuka said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice find! I had no idea, but this is a pretty bad ass feature. Small, but awesome. Thanks for the heads up!
Thankyou very much guys, appreciate it.
 

Wolfgang

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
56
0
great that now you can have multiple libraries. i was going to have one with my songs as they were ripped at high kbps and one with my sings converted to like 128 or 192 to put on my ipod. anyone know of a way to convert and delete songs at the same time. when i tried to convert the songs it left the old ones too and its a pain to weed them all out. thanks
 

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,725
0
Wolfgang said:
anyone know of a way to convert and delete songs at the same time. when i tried to convert the songs it left the old ones too and its a pain to weed them all out. thanks
Put the songs you want to convert into a playlist. Select all the songs in the new playlist, and do your conversion. Once done, re-select the old songs in the playlist and press Option-Delete. This will delete them from the library.

The newly converted songs you can grab from the "Recently Added" smart playlist.
 

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
411
0
Sydney, Australia
Im not impressed at all with the multiple libraries! Basically you have to open and close iTunes to go to different libraries. Why can't they just list them under 'music'? why do you have to open and close iTunes. And somebody mentioned that u can't store them on different drives (Apple claimed u could) - is that true?