And here I thought I could just walk into the Apple store today and pick up a 6...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuyAZ, Sep 20, 2014.

1. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Thought I could just waltz into an Apple store this morning and buy a 6...actually I went an hour before they opened and figured there may be a couple other people there, no big deal...

[​IMG]

Turned right around and got the **** out of there. ::D I'm guessing that would be a minimum of a 3 hour wait before my turn actually came up and the chances of the phone I wanted being available (Verizon 64 GB Space Gray) would be slim to none I'm thinking.

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Walk right into a mall setting on a Saturday a day after launch? C'mon now you really think about that one

4. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Yeah OPs thought process needs to be calibrated.

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

That's actually a pretty short line if they have stock.

If they don't, then yeah. :p

6. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple.com says they have stock of every carrier for the 6 except T-Mobile. How many of each? No idea but 1 hour is the max I was willing to wait. I'm hoping I can go back Monday or Tuesday while people are at work and it won't be as bad.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

I walked right into an Apple store this morning and was helped right away....

...to buy the leather midnight blue case for my 6 plus.

There was a huge long line waiting outside the store. Surprised Apple has that many phones today...

8. matttye macrumors 601

Never queues in my town. I got the iPhone 5s the day after it came out by walking in. Just had to wait about 10 mins for sales staff to become available to help me.

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

What is that? 40 people?

You really should have talked to an employee before you left. Once they get the phones, they really want everyone to have one so they are very informative on their stock.

The stores are beefing up staff for the launch, so after open it looks like you could have been inside in about a half hour to an hour And...my store talked about opening early today.

10. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

You should have stayed. That's a short line, and apple stores are very well stocked today. If you can see the store from where you are standing in line, I consider that a short line haha. 6+ is a different story! but 6 is definitely well stocked

11. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

The store didn't open for about another hour and it didn't look like there was an Apple employee available to speak with. Going to try again later today, maybe they'll have some left over but if not next week hopefully.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Order online for in-store pickup. That way you know you'll definitely get a phone and not waste your time.

13. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah but you can only order online if you do a contract or Next plan and I'm trying to get a Verizon phone w/o contract.

14. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

15. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Are you planning to keep it on Verizon? If so, just opt for the Next program then pay it off as soon as they allow...2 months I believe.

16. danny_w macrumors 601

If you have a Fry's nearby you might try there. I was checking out their website this morning and my local store had some 6 (and even a few 6+) that could be bought online and picked up in-store.

EDIT: I think they only had AT&T.

17. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hmmm. Well, I'd check the online order forms anyway to see which stores have phones available for in store pickup. It's not a hundred percent guarantee, but if a store has a model available for in store pickup, there's a good chance it also has them for walk-in sales.

19. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

They had a 6+ 64 GB Gold at my Apple store, but I want Space Gray, and it sold out.

They currently have a 6+ 16 GB Space Gray at my Apple Store, but I want 64 GB :(

20. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm actually on AT&T but I'd rather have the Verizon since it comes unlocked, I can use it on AT&T or when traveling internationally and it has a better resale value. Since it's the same price, I don't see a reason to not get that one.

21. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I walked into Best Buy late yesterday afternoon and they still had a surprisingly decent amount of stock.

22. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

Same with my stores in Dallas... the 6 is easy to come by now though. The store pickup thing that opened up at 2am was clutch.

6 Plus is a little more difficult to get, but they pop up. 64gb is especially scarce... for T-Mobile anyway

I don't think I can handle 16gb on a Plus, but they seem to be much easier to get

23. urkel macrumors 68030

Um... you don't know many Apple users do you. ;)

New Apple Product >>> Work

24. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

25. jon889 macrumors newbie

Woahhhhh. Was a derisive comment really necessary?

My winning strategy has always been to waltz into the Apple store the day after launch. Always avoided lines by getting there early, always got what I wanted. Calibrate that.