And if it isn't tomorrow?

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
228
0
Down on Copperline...
So for all who are hoping for a MBP or MB upgrade for tomorrow, what will you do if it isn't announced tomorrow? And, alternately, if it isn't announced next week?
 

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
6,596
2
Seattle, WA
Well they have until early October because that's when I'll have the money and if it isn't updated by then, I will be disapointed but I will get the MBP I can afford even if it is yonah. Which would be VERY unfortunate because I could really use the extra juice that Merom would give.
 

stefman

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
154
2
If it isn't announced tomorrow, I'll be sad, worried.

If it isn't announced next week, I'll be in trouble. My current PB has to be used for a project by the 3rd week of Sept and I was hoping to replace it with a shiny new MBP. I don't want to buy one next week to have the update the week after.

:eek: :D
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,566
95
Throw another spanner into the works. What if its announced tomorrow/next week but its not shipping for a month?
 

shecky

Guest
May 24, 2003
2,581
3
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i will wait until whenever the merom lapzilla is announced and then buy it. :)

my hope is that we will see it tomorrow with the 12th being more ipod/itunes/imac stuff.

my guess is......... i have no idea.
 

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
4,116
1
Minitrue
Well I just sold a Macbook at a $100 loss in preparation for the MBP, so I will be rather pissed off!

Then again I can probably buy a Merom Mini if it comes out during the expo :)
 

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
1,740
0
Cardiff, Wales
Sooner or later they're going to have to bring out a new iPod. It hasn't been updated for nearly a year and there are some bloody good mp3 players on the market!
 

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
4,116
1
Minitrue
SpaceMagic said:
Sooner or later they're going to have to bring out a new iPod. It hasn't been updated for nearly a year and there are some bloody good mp3 players on the market!
But can you play your iTMS bought music library with those? :rolleyes:
 

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
7,241
1
Washington D.C
God..I would love a new iPod...my 60Gb has a small space between the metal and plastic at the top. I'd love to buy a new iPod to replace it
 

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,962
0
Silentwave said:
I predict tomorrow will see a sharp uptick in the number of incidents of seppuku among mac users/switchers.
hopefully we as a community can control ourselves. i'm doubtful that we'll see anything until october and hopeful that we'll see something as early as next week. perhaps tomorrow will bring a quiet upgrade but nothing major.

speculation is what makes it fun :cool:
 

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
2,199
32
Woodland Hills
I'll just have to keep on waiting until September 25 when class starts...
Been waiting since the MBP 17" came out. I said well might as well wait until class starts. Can aquire more funds till then anyways... well i'm still waiting... and will be if they dont come out...
 

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
3,265
0
Bookshop!
viccles said:
Throw another spanner into the works. What if its announced tomorrow/next week but its not shipping for a month?
which is most likely going to happen...

i reckon the MPB/MBs are great as they are. sure, 64 bit sounds better than 32, but very few programs are written for 64 bit, so the performance boost is going to be small, if noticable at all. my 1.83GHz MacBook does everything i do exceptionally well, and i can assume a 2.16GHz would suffice fof most pros.

As the old saying goes; if you need one now, get one. if you can wait, wait!
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Sucks having to make up your mind don't it?

I'd be prepared to hold through September 16th.

The Education Store promo ends on the 16th.

It's a leap of faith.

Some will fly too close to the sun and get burned.
 

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
15,307
25
Right side of wrong
FFTT said:
Sucks having to make up your mind don't it?

I'd be prepared to hold through September 16th.

The Education Store promo ends on the 16th.

It's a leap of faith.

Some will fly too close to the sun and get burned.
i agree here
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,566
95
twoodcc said:
i agree here
Me too. As I've said previously why would they release new models with their promotion? I seriously doubt it. They would be wanting to get out as much old stock as they possibly can with this deal. Just makes sense to me :)
 

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
2,284
38
If Merom isn't announced, I'll probably hit a few pedestrians, to quell my rage.

No, really, I'll shrug and keep waiting.