Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
Mr. Ballmer: In a sense, you could say we missed a cycle. We had some execution issues from an R&D perspective. In the time frame since the last significant release certainly the industry has moved, the technology has moved, the hardware has moved.
The epitome of an Understatement.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
WSJ: If you look at the market share stats, the Apple guys have done well, the Android guys have really surged and you guys have lost share the past couple years. How hard is it to make that ground back up?

Mr. Ballmer: We'll see. The fact that things have been pretty dynamic means that they're probably still pretty dynamic.

WTF :eek:

Seriously, a company like Microsoft deserves to have anyone but Ballmer as CEO. The guy is totally devoid of vision.
When you read the whole interview, there's absolutely no mention of the direction he wants to take Microsoft to. Zilch.

Bonch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2005
Lithuania
Translation: Stealing stuff has worked well for us in the past, so that is our business model for the future. Why change a good thing?

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
The epitome of an Understatement.

True. But this statement seems to be the epitome of several things, yours and: "I have no idea how to lead a company but I can cover that up with business-speak and hypnotize the stockholders and analysts into thinking I do know what I'm doing."

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
True. But this statement seems to be the epitome of several things, yours and: "I have no idea how to lead a company but I can cover that up with business-speak and hypnotize the stockholders and analysts into thinking I do know what I'm doing."

In that case, he needs to go back to hypnosis class. The article mentioned that his last fiscal-year bonus was withheld because of missteps like the Kin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.