'...and receive email notifications of replies'

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by _mynameislee, Sep 12, 2016.

1. _mynameislee macrumors newbie

...I have this setting turned off, but I'm still getting emails each time someone new posts to a thread I've contributed to? Have I overlooked another preference? I don't mind the alerts I get via the website, I just don't want the corresponding emails!

2. rshrugged, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

rshrugged macrumors 6502a

At the header of any Forum page, choose "Watched Threads" --> expand to all watched threads by clicking either "There may be more to view" or "Show all watched threads".

Screenshot of a thread with email notifications :
    2.png
    Notice it says "Email", does yours? If so, tick the thread's box. See "With selected"* --> expand its drop down menu --> choose "Disable email notification" --> click "Go"

That thread should no longer email you and should no longer have the label "Email".

*It's at the bottom of your "Watched Threads" list.

3. _mynameislee thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice, thanks...not feeling quite as stupid as I did earlier. Will keep an eye for that toggle. Thanks!

4. S8ER01Z macrumors member

This should be a setting in the profile... my inbox has PTSD from a single thread being watched. :(

5. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

That's the baked-in behavior of the forum software by Xenforo. Don't know if there's any adjustment that can be made or a plugin available to change the behavior. If you ever have any questions or problems with the forum performance, this sub is the place to ask. A moderator or another member will help you the best they can. Don't be shy.

There's a bunch of info about the forum at the help center here : https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

6. S8ER01Z macrumors member

Thank you for the info!