And the hits keep on comin' - Apple Vs Samsung

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanteMann, Jul 2, 2011.

1. DanteMann macrumors 6502

I know we say there are no emotions involved and that it's all business, but I gotta say it looks like Stevie boy is really digging in on this one like a dirty divorce.

Apple Vs Samsung

2. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Eh who cares! I think Apple will only hurt themselves in the long run. Better start coming up with other parts to replace the Samsung parts they use in the iPhone.

This is like when EA Sports with the Madden game didnt like that ESPN football by Sega made a great game that was only $19 and was taking sales away so they just bought the exclusive rights and havent improved their own game since....LOL. Except for now that Apple cant buy exclusive rights or Samsung and they are now copying Android functions.
    It goes both ways. I dont see the big deal. How many guitars do you see that look just like a Fender Strat but arent a Fender Strat?

Waaaaa

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Yeah, it's getting annoying hearing about it, but if someone stole my artwork and called it their own it would piss me off royally.

I would say Apple is going overboard if they sued for just one component, but Samsung basically stole the ENTIRE layout and look of the iPhone.

Plus, Apple is about to sue EVERYBODY, if they don't start getting royalties for their new capacitive touch screen Patent they were just awarded.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    If they stole the entire layout, they only did so in a single visual subsection (when looking at the app drawer). Nothing else looks just like the iPhone, especially with the extra control buttons.

I think it'd be more profitable longterm for Apple if they invested the lawsuit money in innovating past their simple 2007 UI model that anyone could copy easily.

There's no such thing. Did you mean the patent about using two fingers to scroll a frame?

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Corporate greed vs corporate greed

Loser = consumer