Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
The site was down for quite a while. Anyway just pick up my ipad mini with retina at best buy. they seemed to get a bunch in. So maybe it wont be as hard to get as they made it seem

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I stopped by my local Best Buy around 9:30am and was met with nothing but blank stares. I placed my order with Apple around 2:30am CST for a Verizon, but was hoping to see them in person.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I stopped by my local Best Buy around 9:30am and was met with nothing but blank stares. I placed my order with Apple around 2:30am CST for a Verizon, but was hoping to see them in person.

I think the locations with available stock depends a bunch on where it's located and how much traffic the location gets.

Nothing yet for Houston and the surrounding areas.

What happened to the site anyway? Would have helped a bunch of people in discovering the not-so-splashy release of the iPad Mini w/Retina.

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
i'm in north jersey. i double checked that it was the right model, but that had quite a few

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2013
The site was down for quite a while. Anyway just pick up my ipad mini with retina at best buy. they seemed to get a bunch in. So maybe it wont be as hard to get as they made it seem

I'm surprised to see shipping times still at "1-3 days" for the retina ipad mini on apple's website. given all the hoopla surrounding the 'tight supplies' and 'demand >>>>supply' concerns over the past month, i'd say this is quite surprising. it seems you could jus order one now and have it shipped to you next week.

i thought i would wake up this morning and see shipping times slip to 3-4 weeks?

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
It seems that 16 GB Wi-Fi models are in decent supply. It's the cellular, higher storage capacity units which are taking a bit longer to roll out.

For the guys that have them in hand, how is it compared to the Air? It must be leaps beyond the first gen Mini.

mooseknuckles

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Nothing at my local BB. Just the usual, Mini Retina will launch 11/22. Such knowledgeable and friendly help.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I got mine here in NJ today at an Apple Store (ordered on website for in store pickup) .... frankly, not a big difference from the original version. Really wanted the cellular version but they don't seem to be available yet.

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I got mine here in NJ today at an Apple Store (ordered on website for in store pickup) .... frankly, not a big difference from the original version. Really wanted the cellular version but they don't seem to be available yet.

Wait a minute. Are you saying you really can't tell a big difference in the screen and/or performance from the original ipad mini?!!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Wait a minute. Are you saying you really can't tell a big difference in the screen and/or performance from the original ipad mini?!!
I didn't say "I CAN"T TELL THE DIFFERENCE" what I said was "NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE" or in other words, not a big enough difference to me to really matter. Other than the fact I like having "the latest model" and selling my Mini1 for plenty to cover most of this if I were the "average Joe" I wouldn't care in the least.

Us folks that hang out here aren't the "average consumer."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.