And yet another 3G case question.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itsjustmeee, Jan 14, 2009.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

So I just got my shinny new white iphone 3G yesterday and the case options are numerous (and opinions that go with them!). So I was thinking that I would say what I would like a case to have and hopefully someone here will be able to lead me in the right direction.

1. It should either be white or clear (it doesn't make any sense to me to have a white iphone in a black case!). So that would probably leave out any rubber type ones, wouldn't it?

2. I would like to be able to dock it and be able to use an ipwr backup battery with it and not have to take it out of the case.

3. I would like to it be not too bulky and somewhat slim.

Is there any case out there that fits that description that anyone can recommend?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

For the first time, let me introduce you to a

Fragment Slider Case

Yes it comes to White Soft Touch, and White Glossy version. That is a limited version, and yes you can dock it by removing the bottom part, and would be able to use your external back up battery.

Next to my list probably are:
    2) Contour Flick in white
    3) Incase Slider in white

3. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm curious as to the difference between the "fragment" slider as opposed to the cheaper regular one. Is there some sort of functionality improvement to warrant the additional price or is it just because it is a designer version?

4. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Designer version. You get a cool logo on it. :D:p

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I see none so far based on their description, except for that logo.
    So far I don't see why Incase has been coming up with designer limited cases that costs more than the original but doesn't really give that "outstanding" look among their regular cases. That limited Parra(?) what was it for?

Though let me plug SwitchEasy's CapsuleNeo since they are really cool.

6. c4sp14nx macrumors newbie

I'm personally using the DLO Hybridshell, but the Griffin iClear would also fit the bill. SwithEasy's Neo comes in white, is very elegant and comes with a dock adapter, to boot (the black one I owned lasted less than 3 months, though, so caveat emptor!).

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Ditto on the iClear. Great clear case. The Neo is nice as well, just have to have patience with taking it off and putting it on. Once you put it on, leave it for a while. That stupid thin membrane can be a pain to line up just right. Also, the white one does tend to show dirt pretty easily and very quickly from what I have heard from others. I don't know for sure though, cause I have the black one.