Anddddddd my iPhone 5 won't turn on. Please help

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by darko m, Jul 8, 2013.

1. darko m, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013

darko m macrumors newbie

Beta 2, Verizon. This morning I tried to change my time zone and it wouldn't, so I manually adjusted the time an hour. Few hours later I was viewing a webpage and the phone crashed. Which happens a lot, but this time it didn't restore. It's hanging on the load circle after the Apple logo. It continues flashing the Apple logo periodically and then again hanging on the load circle, in the same spot every time accept once, when it progressed a 1/4 further.

Tried to restore to iOS 6 and it's getting an error in iTunes at the very end.

Please help.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried putting it in DFU mode.

If you still get errors after trying to restore with DFU mode, post the error code you get.

3. darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Phone is password protected, and since it won't turn on so I can put in password and view in iTunes, I have to go DFU mode for restore.

Restore gets to "Verifying iPhone firmware..." and appears 3/4 complete on iPhone 5, but then iTunes bubble pops up, "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)."

4. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

Here is the solution man-

Check the back of your iPhone-
    Model A1428 US/Canada
    Model A1429 Rest of the world

Make sure you download the right firmware to restore accordingly to the model of your iPhone!

5. darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

A1429. Where do I download fresh firmware?

6. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

Verizon is A1429 as well.

7. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

8. darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

9. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

Recovery and DFU are same things. Connect your iphone to itunes.Press and hold both the buttons and release start button after 10 seconds still holding the close button. Itunes will prompt you that your device is in DFU Recovery mode. Manually select the downloaded firmware - On windows shift+ retore and on mac option+restore.. select the firmware and hit install.. Done!

10. darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

Same error message is popping up during restore process.

11. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

You must restore it manually! Hold shift key and click on restore option and select the download firmware from the link i had provided. On mac hold press option and click restore together...Select the file downloaded and let it install.

12. darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I've been doing that.

13. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

I got the same thing after changing time zone. Apple logo, freezing at the loading indicator, rebooting, and then everything over again and again...

Solution is simply (and I hope you've got a backup):

1) Download the correct 6.1.4/iOS 7 ipsw from Apple
    2) Connect the iPhone to your computer.
    3) Now put it into DFU mode. It's a little tricky when it's frozen, because you cannot turn it off properly. So you have to press the home+lock button until the screen goes totally black, then press the home+lock button again right after for 10 seconds, and then unpress the lock button holding only the home button. Now it should start in DFU.
    4) iTunes should now find your iPhone in DFU mode. Click the Restore button while holding down the alt/option key and find the downloaded ipsw.

14. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

I wish I didn't read this thread, I keep thinking this'll happen to me! I'm an iPhonecondriac. (Did I just coin that?)

15. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

Dont worry! I am the Doctor.. I have been giving life to bricked/frozen iphones and contributing to the world!

16. darko m, Jul 8, 2013

darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have a backup in iTunes. Just recently sold my MBP. Oops... (with that said, I don't mind losing my texts, etc. and all of my pictures are on the cloud).

Now it won't exit recovery (or DFU) mode like it's supposed to. It displays that connect to iTunes screen after attempting to exit the mode. Holding both home and lock buttons, Apple logo pops up, release buttons, connect to iTunes screen immediately.

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Recovery and DFU aren't the same thing. When in recovery, you see the connect to iTunes picture on your phone, when in DFU, screen stays black.

If you see the Apple logo pop up while trying to get into DFU, you held the buttons down too long, you have to let go of the power (while holding onto home) before the Apple logo comes up.

Keep trying until you get it right.

It's easier on a Windows machine if you have one. Then it's:

Connect the cable (hear USB beep)
    Hold both home and power until you hear the USB disconnect beep
    Let go of power but keep holding home until you hear the connect USB beep again

18. Firesign3394 macrumors regular

If you were a developer running the beta software legally, you would know how to fix these issues... ya johnson.

19. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

20. darko m, Jul 8, 2013

darko m thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't be mean, ha. :(

My phone just continues to periodically flash the Apple logo and then the recovery screen. Is this the dreaded "recovery loop"?

21. Firesign3394 macrumors regular

Put it in DFU mode and let iTunes do a regular restore. If that doesn't work, grab a different computer and try again.

22. BeingHuman macrumors newbie

Dude, You are not understanding the simple instructions. You have to conenct your device to a computer via usb cable.. Open itunes software and follow the simple instructions provided after downloading the firmware.Inbox me your skype id! Will explain you on video.