Android account

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Fed, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Fed macrumors 6502

Running the iPhone 5 with my personal SIM, having used the Note II and Nexus 4 in early 2013. Whilst on Android, I downloaded a number of applications. This week, I receive an HTC mobile phone from work. I would like to set up a new account, to disassociate my personal life from work, but would like to transfer my purchases to this new account.

Can this be done?

2. Kattym macrumors member

As far as I know, you can't do it. The only thing you may do is to contact Google somehow and to try to prove that both accounts are yours... but I don't think it will work...

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, its tied to your account, as the other member stated, try contacting google, as it stands now though its not possible for you to do it.

4. reefoid macrumors regular

I wanted to do this as well. Workaround is to add your personal Google account as a second account and turn off sync for that account. You can then download/update apps from Play Store for your personal account without any email/contacts/calendar/task data appearing on your phone.

Just remember to make sure you use the correct account in the Play Store when downloading apps, you can switch accounts in the Play Store settings.

5. Fed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably do this as well. Might write to Google to suggest making this easier in the future. Seems like a relatively simple function to implement.