Android app like iOS podcast?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MrMister111, Jun 11, 2015.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I've bought a Moto G for holiday use and to see what "the other side" is like ;)

So I've got quite a few apps I use from my iPhone, as either the same direct app or equivalent. However I specifically wanting a podcast app.

I love how easy to use, and slick the iOS podcast app is, the ones I've tried on Android are nothing in comparison. Does anyone know if theres a decent one they've tried? I've google, but hard to say as some are paid apps, so don't want to pay all the time, and find I don't like it.

cheers

2. mclld macrumors 68000

People rave about Pocket Casts. I have that but still prefer Dog Catcher, it isn't flash though like Pocket Casts

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I use pocketcasts. It's on iOS and Android and you can sync between the two OS's.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks, will look at those. I don't do anything flash, basically download a load for holiday listening, as long as its easy to get/subscribe and then download (and chose SD for storage), then thats fine. Easy to use is the thing for me!

tried a few, and they are just muddled interface, hard to use/navigate and have adverts etc. Happy to pay for the right one as long as its decent.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

6. mel823 macrumors 6502

mel823

7. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

8. ozaz macrumors 65816

Pocketcasts for me too. Ability to sync between Android and iOS was the key for me when I was choosing. I understand they now also have web and Windows Phone covered.

I like the interface as well.

9. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

I still use Podkicker the free version.

I've tried all the others but Podkicker is stupidly easy to use.

10. superwoman macrumors regular

I use Pocket Cast and TuneIn. TuneIn has the added benefit of live radio streams as well as podcast. It's actually very cool.