Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
I'm trying to send files from my Nexus 5 (latest Android) to my mac pro via bluetooth. Both see each other, I have bluetooth sharing enabled on the mac with a folder selected. The phone lets me initiate a send but it always fails. The mac does show the three dots on the BT symbol but no other message that something is trying to transfer.

Has anyone had this working? Any suggestions on what might be going wrong? Thanks.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
This is how I have bluetooth sharing set up on my MBP and have no issues sending/receiving to/from my Nexus 6.

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 5.45.41 PM.png

Reactions: z31fanatic

milo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
That's weird. I have it set up like that and both devices see each other and try to start sending, but it just doesn't work. The nexus says that it's sending, no error message but it doesn't happen. And the mac pops up the file exchange box, listing the nexus, but then says "failed to establish connection to device. an error occurred while connecting to the device."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.