Android equivalent of Apple Sticker Packs?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by OldSchoolMacGuy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68040

OldSchoolMacGuy

Is there functionality built into the Android OS that allows adding sticker or emojis in the same way iOS 10 does?

2. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

I believe most keyboards on Android have some form of emoji support built into them. I have an LG G4, and the built-in LG keyboard had emoji, and although I've switched to Google's keyboard that has emoji within a tap or two as well. There are alternate keyboards that will post small images and gifs, but I don't think it's as easy as Apple's implementation.

3. widgeteer macrumors 65816

Allo and FB messenger offer sticker packs. Emojis are standard from virtually every keyboard you'd use.

4. OldSchoolMacGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

OldSchoolMacGuy

Aaah, makes sense.

Can you sell the sticker packs on Allo and FB Messenger or are they all free deals?

5. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

BitMoji would be like what you want. Are you looking to create a sticker app?

6. OldSchoolMacGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

OldSchoolMacGuy

Exactly. I've created and sell a sticker pack on iOS. I'm looking to do the same on Android if possible.

7. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I feel like if you create it like Bitmoji and add stickers at the end of the name ... Android users will know what to do. I believe Bitmoji has a feature to text the "sticker" after you view it on android ... should be able to do the same with your app