Android Experimenting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbro1096, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well I have to say I'm a huge Apple Fanboy but well iOS is getting old. I'm just writing to ask a few questions to others. Has anyone else wanted to experiment with Android? Which android phone do you think is the best on AT&T? I'm not getting rid of my iPhone 4 as I love it too much but I'm starting to crave some Froyo. :(

2. iBryton macrumors regular

Yeah, looking at your signature, you must be pretty rich to have an iPad, 2 iPhones, and a Touch.. *sarcasm*

Go to a store and try one out? Pointless thread.. and my pointless response.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

True... I honestly hope the OP knows what it's like to work for his stuff...

4. iBryton macrumors regular

Personally, I am 16.. The things in the signature are the things my parents bought for me because I don't work. Since when does a kid NEED that kind of stuff?

I honestly don't think his parents were dumb enough to buy him that stuff but I think since he is a REALLY big fan boy that he just wrote that in his signature to make himself look good.

Don't tell people, "I'M A 14 YEAR OLD FAN BOY 'TEHEHEHE'"
    and if you honestly want to sound professional, fix your signature and the way you type.

Glad to help you.:apple:

5. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh you silly guys! I do work for my stuff! I get an allowance and in the summer I mow grass and in the winter I shovel side walks so I know what its like to work and right now I'm trying to find an actual job as in Kentucky u can get a legal job at age 14!!!

6. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh I'm sorry that u don't believe I have those things! Ugh I hate how older people do that. And if u want to know something more shocking my ten year old neighbor is getting an iPad for Christmas. Oh and something else I'm currently saving up for a iMac.

7. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

That totally helps :rolleyes:

8. iBryton macrumors regular

Wow! You are SO cool! I wish I was just like YOU! Yeah, and my 2 month old neighbor is the owner of Apple. SIT DOWN :eek:

Atleast take a photo of your parents devices and put them up :p

9. aohus macrumors 68000

anyhow, back on topic, OP, the best viable android device on AT&T is the Captivate, sadly.

Not a huge fan of the Galaxy S series of phones, but its the only high end android device you will find on AT&T, as of now...

but in late january, you can pick up the Motorola Olympus (4.0 inch screen, front facing camera, dual core processor, Gingerbread Android OS).

If i were you, i'd wait it out a couple months. If you're willing to leave AT&T's network, Verizon is your best bet in terms of Android availability and coverage quality.

10. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ugh! Let me preak it down! I got a second gem iPod nano for my 10th birthday, I then got a 2nd gen iPod touch at age 12 for Christmas, I then saved up for the 3GS and got it, once the iPhone 4 came out I gave my mom my 3GS, and I recently got my iPad on the 16th of October. I'm sorry that you feel mad because some one 2 years younger than u can actually afford these things but it's true. Oh and I was going to get a MacBook pro or iMac but I played with the iMac so I may get the iMac or a Dell streak/ captivate. Once again sorry u feel inferior but that's how it is!!!:rolleyes::D;)

11. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks but as of now I'm not sure, either a iMac or a Dell streak, leaning towards the iMac

12. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

You need to stop posting, you're just digging and digging..

FYI: The iPod Nano sucks and is cheap. iPod Touch is the poor mans iPhone, and you have the cheapest model iPad. Couldn't afford the 64GB WiFi + 3G iPad, or the iPhone 4 32GB Factory Unlocked?

Talk about splurging ;)

13. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never said I was splurging and your right because once again I'm only a 14 year old boy! And for my 16GB is enough as I have 8th open on my iPhone and 11.1 gb open on my iPad.

14. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

You're not affording these things if you don't pay for them. Also, how much do you charge for that yard work? I might join you.

15. iBryton macrumors regular

Kid, you're calling me poor.. I'm 16, driving a $40k car.. ok? How do you afford this stuff? It's called getting it from your parents! How did I get a car? MY PARENTS. How did I get a phone? MY PARENTS. Man, you seem to know so much about these things but you really don't. I don't care if you got a nano at the age of ten? Honestly, you're talking little money. I could go out and beg my parents to buy an iPad, that will absolutely have NO PURPOSE being a student. I've needed a desktop computer for school work. Now, my parents bought me a laptop to take my computer in school for school work. I wanted a phone, and the only nice phone on ATT is iPhone and I got it. I didn't WANT these things, I needed these things..

My point is, ask your silly questions, but your parents are DUMB enough to spoil you at a young age. God knows how you will grow up..

Post those pictures because I don't trust you.

ALSO! WHICH PARENT takes the older iPhone and gives the kid a new iPhone?

LIES LIES LIES

16. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The yards are small so I charge $25 for front back and sides

17. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

What a rip off!:eek:

18. aohus macrumors 68000

quit baggin on the kid. hes 14 y/o for cryin out loud. you're 16. wtf you're 16? am i just getting old on these forums? i'm 27...

btw, you're a 16 y/o kid driving a 40k+ car, so you don't call yourself spoiled? You seem like the exact spitting mirror image of the kid you're baggin on, but from 2 years ago.

give the kid a break. he likes his Apple toys.

19. iBryton macrumors regular

Well it's not being spoiled... When money isn't an issue, you can get a nice car right? I go to a private school, and man, my car looks like the average.. At my school, the worst car you would find is a brand new Hyundai Sonata. Not hating on the car, but if my parents can afford over 100k cars, then it really isn't an issue. I wasn't trying to brag to the kid to say HEY, i've got a nice car. I was trying to make a point to him.

20. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In the picture you only see my iPhone 4 and iPad as I gave my mom my 3GS, gave my dad my iPod touch, and my nano is upstairs in my room. And my parents aren't techie so when I told my mom that i was going to trade her her 3g for my 3gs she was excited, btw the 3g is in a bag in pieces as i wanted to take it apart. any other questions i would love to answer :rolleyes::D

Attached Files:

21. bmb012 macrumors 6502

When I was your age and something got old I took it apart.

So, time to jailbreak?

If you already have, I still can't really think of a reason to get Android, besides it being something new. And if that's reason enough, you should get a hobby :D

22. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyway back to the main subject i think that ill just get a prepaid android phone on t-mobile. keep my iPhone 4 and save the rest for a iMac?

23. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah i kept trying to put android on it but then bricked it so i took it apart but now theres a jail break app that you run and it simply puts android on the phone. that made me real mad!

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I moved from the iPhone to a Droid X and I have no regrets. Well I lie, there have been a couple of times that I wondered why I didn't go with a smaller phone but that is normally a passing thought and hasn't made me regret my purchase at all.

25. aneftp macrumors 68040

Let's try to get back on topic for the OP instead of all the name calling, spoil brat etc.

I am a cell phone junkie. Have owned pretty much all the lastest greatest devices the past 5 years. Owned the original HTC G1 (original google android phone), mytouch 3g, and now the Samsung Vibrant (aka T-mobile's version of the galaxy S).

Also owned all versions of the iphones, and pretty much all the blackberries produced the past 4 years.

So from my perspective (knowing the OP is 14 years old and an "apple fanboy" They will not be happy with Android phones. The OP will get bored with an Android phone pretty quickly. Sure there are things you can do on Android phones that iPhones can't do. But the majority of the cool things involve "rooting" your Android phones.

But if the OP needs to "root" the Android phone, they might as well jailbreak their iphones and get the similar features.

It's pretty ironic that Android is "open software" and the iPhone is a "closed" system. But in end, if the OP buys a carrier branded Android phone, the carriers will install their own crapware that can't be removed without rooting it.

So to the OP, just play with a friend's Android phone or one at the store. You will find that the Android phones are not as slick as the iphone they are used to.

This is just my opinion (trying to look at it from a 14 year old's perspective). I am in my mid 30s.

As for the OP has gadgets at age 14, it's just the sign of the times. My friends give their 9 year old kids iphone 4's. My brother gives his 7 year old daughter and iPad for her birthday. My work colleagues give their 16 year olds $80K Range Rover. The 16 year old wrecks after 2 weeks with his license. What do they do: They buy him another Range Rover.

It's just crazy what parents these days buy their children. And yes, these parent's are in the top 2-3% tax bracket. It is what it is.