Android hack on iPod touch 1G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by 0dev, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Would the new Android port work on the first gen iPod touch? There's no official forum for the Linux on iPhone site or any tutorial pages or anything so I gotta ask here, sorry if this is a silly question!

2. kyleh613 macrumors regular

Can you give more information on this Android port please? This is the first i've heard of it and i'm curious.

3. kyleh613 macrumors regular

4. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

It does look very promising though. That guy made a great effort on it

5. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

It is being ported to the iPod touch 1G at the moment, and there are now more devs helping with the project as I understand it. The port from iPhone 1G to iPod touch 1G shouldn't be a long hard one as it's mostly the same hardware in both devices, though the touch does have the issue of less buttons (the volume buttons on the iPhone were remapped for other Android buttons, which isn't possible on the first gen touch for the obvious reason of it lacking said buttons).

This has great potential! I can now have both an Android phone and an iPhone in one when it starts getting adapted better after a few releases. Hoping to install it on my main iPhone when it's all more stable :)