Android has a program for visual voicemail, so why can't the iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guyverzero, Nov 12, 2008.

1. guyverzero macrumors member

I just saw today on Gizmodo that someone has come up with a visual voicemail app for the G1.

My question is, why can't someone provide the same sort of thing to iPhone users on Tmobile. We now know the network is capable of it, so its definitely possible? They can make everything else under the sun, I'd assume that it'd be easy if android can have it in under a month.

**EDIT**

Here's the article by the way if anyone wants a read.

http://gizmodo.com/5084891/fusion-voicemail-plus-app-is-visual-voicemail-for-android

2. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Um. I have VVM. always have. it's an iPhone feature. Or perhaps I don't understand what you are saying??

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

iPhones have had visual voicemail from day 1?

4. guyverzero thread starter macrumors member

WOW.

Sorry guys, I flaked out. I meant iPhones on Tmobile.

5. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

You except Apple to authorize a program whose primary use would be on EULA violating phones?

Edit: I'm sure somebody will make an open application that does the same sometime.

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Yeah.. about that. If it's to happen, it would be a jailbreak-only app.

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

People like to develop for a wide audience.
    Visual voicemail for unlocked iPhones is really not that important since most people use the iPhone on the correct carrier & have visual voicemail anyway.

8. guyverzero thread starter macrumors member

Its not really something I need, or even want persay.

I was just wondering why it hasn't been done yet, but I guess my question was answered, not enough users want the thing.

I still think it'd be interesting if it was done and integrated fully though, just another perk to Tmobile users

Oh, and to Aea, I know Apple wouldn't accept something like that, I thought by saying I was on Tmobile it implied I was talking jailbreak app.

9. benvenu5 macrumors newbie

I agree. I would definitely use that if it was available. There are services out there you can sign up for like callwave and youmail but I think you have to pay. And it just sends a text message with the voicemail transcribed. So its not quite as good as visual voicemail from ATT.