Android + iPhone anyone use both?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Squirreladd, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Squirreladd macrumors member

Squirreladd

Any one currently using both Android and iPhone regularly. I find myself popping my sim in my Nexus 5x just as much as my iPhone. I still love that phone. Any one else similar experience why and what phones. Which one is your daily driver. I spend a week at a time on each

2. Elwots macrumors member

Not me. The iPhone 7 Plus is my first Apple device, coming from 8+ years on Android. I upgraded 2-3x per year, so I've had a lot of them. Since getting my 7 Plus, I have gotten rid of my Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab S2 and Chromecast, and have purchased the iPad Pro and Apple TV Gen 4 to go along with my 7 Plus. I wish I would've experienced the synergy between Apple devices and the smoothness of iOS years ago. I don't see myself going back.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. But there was a time where I had both a WinMo phone and an iPhone 3GS. The WinMo phone was my primary at the time.

I don't care for Android, so if there is ever a time again where I have a second, non-Apple phone it'll be Windows Mobile.

4. avtella macrumors regular

The iPhone 7 Plus is my first iPhone, infact I was very much against them earlier lol. But now feature set wise both Android and Apple are pretty close especially with the Plus size devices with Apple. I have a Nexus 5X as well, but its mostly a backup phone now which I use like an iPod.

5. alejovh101 macrumors newbie

Always do that. Spend a couple of days between my lg v20 and my iphone 7plus. I enjoy both the same but for different reasons. The battery life on the iphone is top notch along with easy of use. Battery life on the v20 is horrendous but the ability to tweak the phone to your liking is great as well. I'll probably drop the v20 and get a pixel xl and keep the iphone 7 plus as well.

6. htc fan macrumors 6502

Using lg g5 and my iPhone 7 plus , love having Android and iOS to play with .

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I have separate lines for my iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. I love using both Android and iOS together.

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Currently using an iPhone 7 plus and a LG V20.

9. Squirreladd thread starter macrumors member

Squirreladd

I enjoy my iPhone for the same reason I was only able to get the iPhone 7 the seven plus is a unicorn in my area. But the battery on my iPhone 7 is better then the one my Nexus. But my Nexus screen is bigger and clearer and the notifications are on another level.

10. nordique macrumors 6502a

I do. Love the iPhone.

S7 is my daily driver though, because it just offers me an overall better experience for my daily use.

Took me about 2-3 months to properly adjust to the droid having been a staunch iOS user since 2010 but once I got used to it, I appreciated the galaxy beyond it having a different operating system than iOS.

For me it was about other features....a bunch of small things together that collectively make it more convenient for my daily usage.

Here's hoping the OLED iPhone next year has an always on display....it is really awesome!

11. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

I have had problems with text messaging when switching between the two.

12. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I do... using an iPhone 6+ and S7. Daily driver is my S7 at the moment... but I do swap my sim between phones. Still prefer the simplicity of iOS... so I keep my 6+ fully charged, and ready if I want to change. Few extra features on the S7 that makes me keep my sim in it... like Always On Display. Plus, getting better battery life with my S7... also the convenience of wireless charging. I have 2 wireless dock chargers... one on my night stand, and another in my office. However, looking forward to next iPhone next year.

13. Squirreladd thread starter macrumors member

Squirreladd

I turned off I message for that very reason. It's not that useful.

14. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I mostly use my iPhones, but do use my Note 5 too. The only thing is your text messages don't transfer
    over to the other phone. I have Verizon, so I use message+, which has all my text messages, no matter
    which phone I'm using.

15. KarmelVixen macrumors member

KarmelVixen

I use both iPhone & android daily. I have a 7 plus on one line & note 5 on another. When I first switched to iPhone I couldn't decide which I liked better. That was back when I was really into customizing my android phones. Ever since then I've always kept two phones. Now that I have my 7 plus I mostly use it & only occasionally use my note. I mostly use my note if I'm doing something on my 7 that I don't want to interrupt & someone important calls me. I just decline their call & call them back on my android.

16. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

My daily driver and backup phone are both iPhone 7's (old reliable) but I always have Android devices to play with. Can't really use Android as my primary. I just do way too much tinkering on those for them to be stable. :p

17. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I switch between the iPhone 7 Plus and the 5' Pixel.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I had issues when switching back n forth from my 6S+ and S7 edge. So I turned iMessages off.

But now with the iP7+(iOS10). I don't have an issue with iMessages anymore when switching my sim to an Android phone. Actually, iMessages seems to automatically cut off on my Mac and iPad when I do so, and automatically come back on with I put my sim in the iPhone again.

I'm wondering if Apple fixed something, or if I'm just lucky at the moment.

19. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

Thanks I have a s7 edge laying around and will give this a go. I didn't realize it had been fixed.

20. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I use iMessage when I'm on my iPhone. I turn off iMessage on my iPhone first before switching sim to my S7. In my Google Contacts on my S7, I added a contact named "Deregister iMessage" with a number "48369". I just text "STOP" to 48369, and I'm able to receive/send text messages from iPhone users again. There may be a slight delay to Deregister your number from iMessage, but this method works for me.

21. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

I use both on a daily basis. Each platform has it's advantages and disadvantages.

22. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

iphone 7 plus and pixel xl here. one is personal one is work

23. PJM83 macrumors regular

PJM83

I currently have a 7+ and a HTC 10. Also had a s7edge but I gave that to my dad when his phone broke. Both are stable platforms that work well.

24. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

I used to do a 5s and Moto X (and then I bought a Moto X2) but when Moto stopped giving me updates I said bye to Android
    I really want a S7 Edge, but it's not in my budget

25. fatalogic macrumors regular

fatalogic

Not yet I just switched from a note 5 but I want to keep my iphone and get the next version of the pixel when it comes out.