android lock xt and bitesms

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigjnyc, Aug 9, 2010.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So I bought Android lock xt and I just realized that when you get a text message with bitesms and you click on show message you can get right in without having to unlock the phone. Anybody know any other android lock screen apps that work with bitesms? I dont want to pay for another one and have the same issue. I'm using android lock xt 1.4.1 because it's the only one that works with iphone 4 - 4.0.1

thanks

2. spiceykim macrumors member

You can change the settings for bitesms to not show the message on the lock screen go into the settings screen and click on lock screen mode then click Show apple alert then scroll down and turn off show text so when you lock your phone and get a text it should only show that you have a message and to read and respond you have to unlock. That should work that is how I do it.

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

damn that sucks, that's my favorite feature of bitesms. I think I rather get rid of android lock than get rid of that feature lol. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. EvoKnvl macrumors newbie

iLock... You can still do a quick reply to the message. But if you press Open, it will default back to the lock screen.

5. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Cool thanks! I just needed affirmation before I spent money on it.

6. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

yea...i logged this as a bug with the dev the other day! Hopefully they come out with a fix...no reply as of yet though :rolleyes:

7. xfarmerdavex macrumors newbie

Where do I get this droidunlock xt? I used to have droid unlock but as mentioned, it's out of gas with 4.0...

8. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

only available on Rock at the minute!

9. Kimball macrumors regular

This is rather ironic, but does anyone know if you can set iLock to work as Androidlock XT in this matter? I use BiteSMS quick compase to make quick calls alot, but with iLock I have to draw the pattern before the call starts :( If Id known Id bought Androidlock XT from the beginning but now its abit late for that..

10. Dizle macrumors 6502

I would rather have ilock as well because it's more secure but I have that I zany make it invisible. I'll stick with androidlock xt until ilock is available to be invisible or maybe xt will get updated to be more secure.

11. EvoKnvl macrumors newbie

What do you mean make it invisible? Do you mean, you don't want the lock pattern showing up unless you press a key or slide to unlock? If so, it's possible in the settings

12. Dizle macrumors 6502

I know about those but I like how I have it; the dots are invisible and I just swipe my combination and it unlocks. Not into the slide to show or click to show the dots.

Attached Files:

13. chargerfan macrumors member

I don't understand what you mean by "Not into the slide to show or click to show the dots". None of that makes any sense at all.

But I'm sure that anything you need is possible with iLock. It is very customizable.

14. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Its worse than that, you dont even have to wait for a text to come in. When you hit the volume button you have the option to tap the bell icon to open a new sms. Once you do that you can click the open button and get into bitesms and bypass the lockcode.

oops, anyone know how to tell the developer?

15. yrrej macrumors regular

what are you using to make your homescreen look like that?

16. EvoKnvl macrumors newbie

I see. Mine is currently setup like this. Yes, I have an extra step to bring up the combination screen, but it's secure. I'm sure you could make an invisible layout for iLock, but you would still need to press the button to bring it up, I suppose...

[​IMG]

17. jluce50 macrumors regular

This probably ought to be taken up with the biteSMS developer. He should probably add an "Allow unlocking" setting or something like that...

18. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

Its an AndroidLock problem....any other unlocking app obeys correct unlocking!

I've already eMailed the dev but theres been no reply so its either ignored or being worked on!

19. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Go into bitesms and configure open to be off on quick compose/reply. easy.

20. yrrej macrumors regular

can someone please tell me how I can make my homescreen like that? I've searched for android lock xt on cydia but didn't find anything. do I need lock info first? thanks

21. Dizle macrumors 6502

Its on Rock. Theres slider in the settings that allow one to change the opacity of the dots

22. yrrej macrumors regular

I don't mean the Unlocking part, but rather having the phone display the time and date like that?

23. Dizle macrumors 6502

24. csmitty macrumors regular

So I did the tap to enable but I'm not sure where to tap? Nothing comes up. I've got lockinfo enabled. Tried sending a sms to myself so i could open it with bitesms but like others just sent me back to the lock screen. Tried doing the pattern even with out them up and still nothing. Where is the tap button located?

NM, did a respring and it showed up at the bottom of the lockscreen. Though it was colored diff. than the lockinfo info so kinda obvious something is different down there.

25. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm tryng to get BiteSMS and androidlock xt to play nice also. From the lock screen, anyone can just click open and it let's you into BiteSMS and the whole phone.