Phones Android micro sim

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kevo1011, Jul 23, 2014.

1. kevo1011 macrumors regular

Forgive me for asking, but I am looking for an android phone that would receive an iPhone 5 micro sim. I currently have two iPhones (personal & work). I have calls forwarded but unable to do SMS messages. I am looking to buy an android go phone that would receive my personal iPhone 5 micro sim so I could forward everything to my work phone. I really wish apple or ATT would allow this feature. Anyone have suggestions?

2. Sincci macrumors regular

Pretty much every Android phone sold today uses microsim.

3. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Actually, the name for your SIM card is 'Nano-SIM'. Very few Android phones use Nano-sims and I believe those that do are expensive flagship models. HTC One M8, Moto X are 2 devices I can think of that use it.

But don't sweat any of those phones. All you need to do is go to Amazon and get yourself one of these kits:
    MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM card adapter kit (Nano / Micro / Standard) by MediaDevil
    Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G26XWDI/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Q9d0tb1055GH3

I have this exact kit and have a nano-sim from my Moto X that I use with the Mediadevil adaptor in order to use it on my Nexus 5 and Lumia 925. I have been using this adaptor for months and probably have swapped it in and out of the phones about 100 times. It is an awesome kit and only $7.

4. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for input. Which android phone would y'all recommend? I've only owed iPhones. Not really looking for a high performance phone. I just need one that I can run a SMS forwarding app.

5. ozaz macrumors 65816

Moto G. It's a very good low cost phone that's almost stock Android (so no quirks associated with manufacturer skins). I used one when I first tried Android, and the only reason I've upgraded from it is because I wanted a better camera and bigger screen.

6. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Has the iMessage/SMS issue been resolved? I know people were not receiving texts after switching to a non-iPhone system.

7. ozaz macrumors 65816

I don't know if it's been resolved. But for me, problems lasted about 24 hours after I had deregistered my number from iMessage. I switched about 7 or 8 months ago.

8. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

9. ozaz macrumors 65816

10. kevo1011 thread starter macrumors regular

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The best solution is to just turn off imessage on your current iphone. If you forget, do what others said and call apple.