(Android) Notification Pane on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by carebearsx3, May 4, 2010.

1. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

Well, I was looking through SBSettings, and thought about the Notification Pane that I've seen on the Nexus One. How great would it be if there was a notification system like that, albeit jailbroken? I know there's things like StatusNotifier, but nothing like the Android's system. (GriP hasn't been updated in quite a bit).

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Leave a comment. =D

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. That is quite something, but what I'm looking for is something like SBSettings, can be used in any app that has the status bar (opposed to LockInfo which is only on the lock screen). But if not that, how about something that allows replying to texts from the notification pop-up?

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

quickreply can be downloaded for on the fly SMS replies inside of apps.
    Most of the SMS apps on cydia also have this feature.

5. molder macrumors newbie

qtweeter is the best one I have found but is only for Twitter and Facebook. It's sensitive as it pulls down from the top bar unlike a sbsettings.....plus is more what you are looking for. But I agree, it's the coolest part of the Droid.

6. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Hah. That thing is pretty damn cool, but I wish it was also for texts, but then again, other apps can help.

Thanks, mates. Gonna get these stuff once I get the new iPhone. =D

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

When I was jailbroken previously, I remembered an SMS app called Tlert, which allowed you to view and reply to texts from within whatever app you're in, so you don't get dumped out of the foreground app.
    There was also an email app called Elert, which did the same thing.

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

LockInfo has a mode called InfoShade. By default it installs the app Activator so you can drag down on your status bar and it will drop down the LockInfo with your notifications.

9. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Is there any way for lockinfo to use less battery?

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Huh? I hardly see any significant battery drain. If you are running WeatherIcon, Twitter Plugin, or RSS plugin to check at high intervals then you'll see a good amount of battery drain.

11. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

zOMFG! That sounds amazing. Too bad my iPhone got stolen, so I can't test it. =/

You seem to know what you're doing. Any other Cydia apps you might want to recommend?

12. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

In the last day!?!? Sucks...

I don't use too many. I like to conserve battery and such because I'm on a 3G and not 3Gs.

I have LockInfo with WeatherIcon Plugin, ClockWeather Plugin, Appigo Todo Plugin (which I wrote :)), Twitter Plugin (If you enable it in InfoShade you can drag down and tweet just like qTweeter).

I also use SBSettings (to switch on and off 3G and Wifi to save battery), StacksV3 Alpha I guess SBcategories will do too. Cycorder, iFile (file browser that is INDISPENSABLE for a jailbroken iPhone user who needs to modify files or do things without a computer. You can even get files from your DropBox app with it), StatusNotifier (notification icons on the status bar for when I get emails, sms, missed calls, etc... Really useful so that I know to check LockInfo)

That's it for me. :) I keep it light and quick. These functions are MUST HAVES for me though so I need to be jailbroken.

13. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Very nice. But which ones cost money? And how am I supposed to pay? Last time I jailbroke was like five months ago, and nearly had a heart attack when it got slow and randomly restarted. LOL, but now I think I have a better sense of things, although the entire scene has changed A LOT. I mean, I JUST found out what Rock was. xD

Oh, and what is the point of OpenSSH? And iFile?

14. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Lockinfo costs $5 and you can pay either via paypal or amazon.

15. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

LockInfo is 5 bucks and that's it.

16. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, thank you. But how do I pay them?

Oh, and how do you manage to keep LockInfo and SBSettings? Don't they both use the status bar?

17. undergroundHACK macrumors regular

Look at "Activator". Some apps download it for you (free). I use a "swipe down" on the Status Bar to get Lockinfo's "InfoShade". I also swipe across the Status bar to get SBSettings. Easy. You can set another app for double tapping the Status bar...etc.

18. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh my. That sounds amazing. Now I'm really psyched for the new iPhone. =D

And if you guys don't mind, can you teach me about Winterboard and themes. I get lost as soon as I see the letters "SSH." Back when I had jailbroken, you went to Cydia, got Winterboard, got themes, and loaded them through Winterboard. Now I see all this complex stuff, all of which I absolutely want, of course. Also, what's all about "Repsring" and things like that? Thanks for your help. =D

19. molder macrumors newbie

Lockinfo is great and I use it, but I don't think it's exactly what the op is looking for. Note that in lockinfo, yes you can pull it down within any app, and yes you can see notifications and go to txts, but it WILL close your current app to go to say txts or email. qTweet runs on TOP of whatever app is currently open, and I would love to find one for that for txts as well.

20. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You can tweet and read your tweets from LockInfo just fine.

To reply to texts and emails you have to close the app you're in. That's also how Android works, but you have multitasking in Android...

If you installed Backgrounder on your iPhone it'd be just the same.

21. molder macrumors newbie

But it is exactly that....REPLYING to txts and emails. The droid bar I'm pretty sure you can initiate one.

22. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

How about StatusNotifier to see if you have texts, QuickReply for replying to texts on TOP of the foreground app, and LockInfo for going back to the texts that didn't need urgent replies. LockInfo really interests me. =D

23. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Does none of this affect your battery life at all?

24. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Not really. I still get a full day on a charge either way.

25. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

On a 3G, correct? My dad is contemplating getting Verizon for the family (save for me) and I'll be getting his 3G as a replacement for my 2010 iPhone. This would really be helpful to know. You use Winterboard / Custom themes?