Android on AirPlay set up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacPC, Jun 13, 2014.

1. MacPC macrumors regular

Hi, I have an older macbook, I re-purposed it to be my home entertainment center, so I have installed AirServer on it, and hook it up to a big screen TV. This setup works great within the Apple eco-system(AirPlay.) All my other Macs and iOS devices can stream to the big screen. The trouble is my g/f insists on using Android, so I am trying to find a way so that her Android devices can do the same, either that or perhaps it's time to dump her!!! :( I have googled about it but the Android world is like jungle out there, the more I read the more confused as on what is needed to allow Android to take advantage of the Apple eco. Does anyone have any suggestions and advices? Thanks in advance.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

AirPlay is a protocol limited to Apple devices. No way around it. This leaves you with two options. The first is to use a remote desktop VNC program on the Android to connect to the MacBook. This will however only do screen sharing. The other option is to tell your girlfriend that it just isn't going to work.