Android on my old iPhone 2g ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rm2092, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Like everyone else interested in the Android platform I have two iphones, my old 2G and my 3GS. I will be buying the next iPhone when it comes out so I thought why not put the Android on my old 2G phone from what I had read on the net it will work only with the 2G and NOT 3GS ? I have looked at several sites for installing the software but I'm a bit confused to witch download to use, I have never jail breaked my phone before so I'm just concerned abought killing my iphone. Anyways if you have done the same please post up the best way to get Android on my old phone oh also do I have to have a sim card installed on my phone, i powered my phone back on but it says NO SIM and witch 3. version does the old phone need to be on ?

Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Someone only got android 1.5 loaded on the iPhone, version 2 (2.1 and 2.2) is much better so much so, I'd not consider 1.5.

Plus it appears to be a lot of work to get it working on the iPhone as well.

3. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

Its not that bad getting it to work just not all that worth it in my opinion. I have it loaded on my old 2g. Drains the battery like you wouldn't believe. I haven't got the marketplace working on it so its pretty pointless.