Android Opportunity

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ggibson913, May 1, 2014.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

I was looking at the Moto x sale today. It is a great phone for a great price which made me wonder. With folks signing on to the "uncarrier" model thanks T-Mobile, and having to buy their phones outright, Is the $299 moto x or the Oneplus one a more attractive prospect than opting than the iPhone?

I ask because honestly after using Android Kit Kat for a month I realize I can do anything I need my phone to do for me (granted, I am using a GS5 but even that is the same price as cheapest iPhone).

Yes they are made of plastic, but aside from iWork and FaceTime along with other Apple exclusives, my phone can do anything am iPhone can do. What do you guys think?

2. JH- macrumors 6502

Exactly why I switched to Android. I can't justify paying that much more for so much less ROI.

3. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

It's not the money. It's the ability to do a vast array of more things with a higher quality, bigger screen and a lot more features.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I've said it before and I'll say it again... love my Moto X. Best damn phone I have ever owned, regardless of the lower specs.

5. RMXO macrumors 6502a

OPO is going to take a while to be released due to their stupid invite system. If you are basing on pricing, go with Moto X. Heard great things about it. Also, believe Moto is going to announce something new soon or something like that this month.

6. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

If you're buying outright and on a GSM carrier, I think the Nexus 5 is the way to go. I'm really impressed with this thing.

7. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

The exclusive apps and services on iOS are what you need to consider when moving away from the iPhone. You'll have to decide how important these are to you.

Facetime is exclusive to iOS. If it's just video calls that you need to do, there are other serivces like Hangouts that are cross platform that you can use provided those iOS users are also willing to use them.

8. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

You can actually do many more things on android versus iphone due to the nature of the system. There are many 'exclusive' android apps that are flat out impossible on ios, even jailbroken ios.

Most people probably don't care about the extra things, mostly power users