Android phones...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaIfoneboss, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaIfoneboss macrumors regular

People say ohhh the galaxy s2 and the motorola droid razr are thinner then the iphone 4 and 4s, well no s*** there thinner its because the phones are alot bigger and longer, so more room to put hardware in there, but if they tried to make a smartphone with all those specs in the form factor of a iphone 4s, they wouldnt be able too, as for apple they can cram all that in this form factor, (A5, 8 megapixel camera and sensor, front camera, 64gb capacity etc) in my book i think the iphone is the thinnest for its size and will be for a long time.

2. PassMeAGuinness macrumors member

cool

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

So what's your excuse next year when apple introduces a larger thinner iPhone?

5. DaIfoneboss thread starter macrumors regular

yeah maybe a 3.7 inch screen or 4 inch screen the most, without bringing the size of the device up

6. maconservative macrumors regular

maconservative

But, not lovely lady lumps!

:p

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

How about you use the phone YOU like and stop worrying about what other people think?

....novel idea, I know!

8. DaIfoneboss thread starter macrumors regular

who said i was worrying about anyones phone? i have a iphone 4 its just a phone not a ferrari, i understand that im just saying

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Actually they have a buldge, which is not thinner.

Recently in UK the court ruled that iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S is the thinnest smartphone.

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You made the post.

11. paule350 macrumors member

[​IMG]

12. naths macrumors 6502

They could make 3.5" screen phones just as thin as the bigger phones,samsung already have a flexible/bendable screen available,and the reason for the bigger screen is not because they can't make them small and thin,they make them the sizes they are because its because thats what the mass market wants,I'm sure apple could have quite easily made a 4" thinner screen phone,but as usual apple wants to do what it started to do for the last couple of years which is to brainwash all the fanboys and girls into buying the same ole stuff,with just a few improvements...apple gives you what they want,android phone makers give you what you want in terms of size,spec etc.
    This time next year when the next gen iPhone comes out the 4S will be so far behind the times it will be a very very outdated phone,i mean when you think about it, apple has given you the 4S with specs that are equal to the current android specs,while the current android specs are about to be significantly improved,what with quad-core,edge to edge HD screens...etc etc...

13. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Thanks for sharing...

14. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Then it must be true. I'm sure that's what the intention of the court was...to make a finding about the thinnest smartphone in the world. :rolleyes:

I guess they haven't yet heard of the RAZR?

15. DaIfoneboss thread starter macrumors regular

yeah man im so worried omggg =[.. wtf im just saying

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

No different than having a high ppi when you have 960x640 resolution in a 3.5 inch screen. Let's face it, iPhone is now considered chubby, prone to shatter, uncomfortable to hold, and no longer the prettiest out there. The most asked feature was a bigger screen or more rounded edges. And some wanted a change in the back since glass is slippery and prone to three things that would drive you to be even more OCD - fingerprints, scratches, or shards. Phones like the Nokia N9, Motorola Droid Bionic, or LG Thrill 4G are built more practical.

17. k3roro macrumors 6502

I think I may be the minority, but I honestly really like the form factor of the iPhone 4.

While I agree that the screen can be bigger, I'd hope that they do this by reducing the bezel instead of increasing the size of the phone itself. Currently the size is perfect for me, I wouldn't want it to be any thinner, bigger or heavier/lighter than it is currently.

I felt that :apple: has put in a lot of effort to get the optimal fee of how this phone would feel in your hand, I did not realize with the iPhone 4 as I had to put a case on it due to Antennagate, but now with the iPhone 4S, I'm using it without a case and it is absolutely wonderful.

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I fixed your post for you. Also, you may want to look into full stops. They break your thoughts up into manageable chunks.

19. Psood21 macrumors member

wtf why do i bother reading stupid posts like these.

Dear OP, please please please stop drinking Apple's cool aid and continue using whatever phone you like the best. Every phone is unique in its own ways.

Please don't make stupid posts like these in future. :mad:

20. DaIfoneboss thread starter macrumors regular

I didnt say other phones suck or iphone is the best phone ever, im just directing torwards the fandroids here that go and claim there phones are the thinnest ever, which they are thinner but only because the phones are bigger and longer and theres more room for hardware as for an 4S, it has the same specs as top notch android phones and all in a smaller space.

----------

What phone do you think looks better then the black 4S? Just saying the reason why people love apple products is because the way they look and fee. The only phone that looks good from android is the nexus s imo.

21. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Do you really think that they're making the phones bigger so they can fit in more hardware? Why would they make them thinner then? Wouldn't they want to make them even thicker to fit in even more?

THINK MAN, THINK!

22. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.