Resolved Android Query

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macman45, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Macman45, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Posting this on behalf of a friend who has just had an early christmas present...One of the new Acer tabs with the Nvidia tegra chip.

I played a while, it's no iPad, but it's not a bad device either. He wants to know if he gets an Android mobile on his next contract change, do the apps work the sane way as ours do....IE: if you buy an Android app that is compatible with the tab, and an Android phone, do you just pay once, or do you have to purchase the app for each device you install it on?

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

You realize that that only "works like ours do", when the developer includes both an iPhone and an iPad version in the same software right? I have several apps that I have had to pay for twice, because the iPad and the iPhone/iPod Touch versions were different and required two different purchases....

3. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Android apps are independent of the device - most apps will work fine on all devices (including tablets) and you would have to only buy them once. Once you have bought the app it is available on all of your Android devices provided you use the same Google ID on all the devices.

4. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Thanks For The Info

I will pass this along to him.