Android vs iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Penfold2711, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Penfold2711, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

Penfold2711 macrumors member

2. TheMacBookPro, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Please, type 'Apple' rather than sprinkling Apple smilies throughout your post. I'm getting epilepsy just reading your post.

They bought Android Inc, the company. Not the OS. Google still created Android OS from the ground up.

I think you mean iTunes integration. They did not include iTunes are part of iOS.

iTunes was launched in 2001, back when the iPod was launched. I'd have been very surprised if iOS did not support iTunes from the beginning as there is no other way of adding media.
    How is the italicized text related to the bolded text?
    Elaborate how Google is just as controlling as Apple please.
    Whether or not Android is 'ahead' of iOS is your opinion. My, and others', opinion may be different.

Android, not Droid.

Assuming 'versioning'=updating: why does how often Google update its OS have anything to do with whether or not Google will close Android?
    And, er, why do you think Google will close Android?

:confused:

Aw jeez why do I still bother.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

/equip stick
    /target dead horse
    /use stick on dead horse

4. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

In other related news: a cow died yesterday.

*related = interesting, in this context.

Hey. Hey Penfold2711. You're an :apple:.

*See what I did there: apple as in Apple the company, and as in apple from annoying orange.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree with the other posters, its hard to read and following along when you use a symbol instead of the word "apple"

As for your statement that google is just as controlling as apple. That's patently false. They released android to open source. They have zero say in how people use or alter the OS.

How they exert some control is by android marketplace (which isn't open source) and its apps. If you want the google apps, you have to play their game even then they're much more relaxed then apple (see I spelled apple ;))

Now the problem that google is facing is they have little leverage in controlling android and they see HTC with its sense UI, and motorola with its moto-blur and others changing android. Heck in china there's a phone company that has its own app store so google can do nothing about that. Making it more murky is the amazon android app store. My point, google has lost a lot of control by releasing the OS to open source. It worked great for fast adoption, but now they have almost no leverage to control the OS

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

The forum's title is "MacRumours". Therefore I wonder what 96% of people are going to say is better!

Stupid post mate! :rolleyes: :cool:

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MacRumors not iPhone rumors :rolleyes:

Plenty of mac people actually own android phones.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You typed about 224 (+ all the stupid ':apple:') words and you only used 3 periods...

Good old Microsoft word.

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Sure age matters... perhaps they are a match :)

10. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Plenty of iPhone owners have PCs too... :eek:

11. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

12. Pmoser macrumors member

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

I used them a lot. Android was bad in my experience. IOS is more reliable and does the work - it's all that matters.

14. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

It's been my experience that those who say Android is bad, are those who don't know anything about it. Haven't taken the time to learn it, but simply condemned it.

It's NOT iOS, it's completely different. You can click around all you want, but you won't learn it.

15. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

my dad bought a galaxy. android is garbage to me.

the touch screen on that phone (and other androids) is the reason why people hate iPhone's. they play with some **** like that and then say all touch screens suck :confused: :rolleyes: then they go buy a blackberry and update their fb status to "bb broken" every week :eek:

i'll stick to my iPhone

16. AndroidfoLife macrumors regular

Yeah because unlike everyone else who all buy the touch screens Apple are the only ones with good ones.

You are aware apple buys the screens from the same places everyone else does. So if the screen sucks on the androids they will suck on the apples iPhone. Don't compare Android to the iPhone. You would not compare an engine to a car. Compare hardware with Hardware, Software with software.

Example how dumb does this statement sound.
    Android Has a bigger screen and a longer battery life then ios.

17. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Good luck on your research paper! :rolleyes:

18. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What experiment? I didn't do anything, don't hurt me. I'm not infected with .....