Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Please, type 'Apple' rather than sprinkling Apple smilies throughout your post. I'm getting epilepsy just reading your post.

I wonder when i see the threads and comments from the Android community about iOS what they fail to see is that Google did not create Android they brought it where :apple: Created iOS from the beginning

They bought Android Inc, the company. Not the OS. Google still created Android OS from the ground up.

and as we see Google are having problems with their iTunes killer:)D) not working where :apple: seamlessly added iTunes as part of iOS in the beginning .

I think you mean iTunes integration. They did not include iTunes are part of iOS.

iTunes was launched in 2001, back when the iPod was launched. I'd have been very surprised if iOS did not support iTunes from the beginning as there is no other way of adding media.
Google is just as controlling as :apple: but in different ways :apple: doesn't hide the fact where Google tries, iOS is only on 1 platform where Android is on many thus they have wider scope for expansion and for users yet Android is not ahead of iOS,

How is the italicized text related to the bolded text?
Elaborate how Google is just as controlling as Apple please.
Whether or not Android is 'ahead' of iOS is your opinion. My, and others', opinion may be different.

The Droid is coming up to version 3 where iOS is close to 5 where droid is versioning quicker than iOS at this speed it will overtake iOS in terms of version however i can see Google closing Android tighter than :apple: grip on iOS.

Android, not Droid.

Assuming 'versioning'=updating: why does how often Google update its OS have anything to do with whether or not Google will close Android?
And, er, why do you think Google will close Android?

I am in no terms bashing Android i had the G1 and i still love the phone i also play around with newer Androids and my spare phone will be a droid i also keep up with Android news, I am in the camp of Android has its good and bad like :apple: has its good and bad but i guess its competition al la Microsoft vs :apple:, Microsoft vs Google, Google vs :apple:.

:confused:

Aw jeez why do I still bother.

Last edited:

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
In other related news: a cow died yesterday.

*related = interesting, in this context.

Hey. Hey Penfold2711. You're an :apple:.

*See what I did there: apple as in Apple the company, and as in apple from annoying orange.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I agree with the other posters, its hard to read and following along when you use a symbol instead of the word "apple"

As for your statement that google is just as controlling as apple. That's patently false. They released android to open source. They have zero say in how people use or alter the OS.

How they exert some control is by android marketplace (which isn't open source) and its apps. If you want the google apps, you have to play their game even then they're much more relaxed then apple (see I spelled apple ;))

Now the problem that google is facing is they have little leverage in controlling android and they see HTC with its sense UI, and motorola with its moto-blur and others changing android. Heck in china there's a phone company that has its own app store so google can do nothing about that. Making it more murky is the amazon android app store. My point, google has lost a lot of control by releasing the OS to open source. It worked great for fast adoption, but now they have almost no leverage to control the OS

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
You typed about 224 (+ all the stupid ':apple:') words and you only used 3 periods...

Good old Microsoft word.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I used them a lot. Android was bad in my experience. IOS is more reliable and does the work - it's all that matters.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
I used them a lot. Android was bad in my experience. IOS is more reliable and does the work - it's all that matters.

It's been my experience that those who say Android is bad, are those who don't know anything about it. Haven't taken the time to learn it, but simply condemned it.

It's NOT iOS, it's completely different. You can click around all you want, but you won't learn it.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
It's been my experience that those who say Android is bad, are those who don't know anything about it. Haven't taken the time to learn it, but simply condemned it.

It's NOT iOS, it's completely different. You can click around all you want, but you won't learn it.

my dad bought a galaxy. android is garbage to me.

the touch screen on that phone (and other androids) is the reason why people hate iPhone's. they play with some **** like that and then say all touch screens suck :confused: :rolleyes: then they go buy a blackberry and update their fb status to "bb broken" every week :eek:

i'll stick to my iPhone

AndroidfoLife

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
my dad bought a galaxy. android is garbage to me.

the touch screen on that phone (and other androids) is the reason why people hate iPhone's. they play with some **** like that and then say all touch screens suck :confused: :rolleyes: then they go buy a blackberry and update their fb status to "bb broken" every week :eek:

i'll stick to my iPhone

Yeah because unlike everyone else who all buy the touch screens Apple are the only ones with good ones.

You are aware apple buys the screens from the same places everyone else does. So if the screen sucks on the androids they will suck on the apples iPhone. Don't compare Android to the iPhone. You would not compare an engine to a car. Compare hardware with Hardware, Software with software.

Example how dumb does this statement sound.
Android Has a bigger screen and a longer battery life then ios.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Penfold2711 said:
experiment 1 collected thank you

What experiment? I didn't do anything, don't hurt me. I'm not infected with .....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.