Android? What Android? (US Market share figures)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChazUK, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

3. anthongy817 macrumors newbie

Nice title...not.

I'm enjoying my HTC Evo after owning my 'classic' iPhone for 2 years. The iPhone was very nice for those 2 years, since it was my first smartphone. The OS got old really quick once Apple started implementing similar UI for their other products.

Did I mention how much I hate iTunes? Disgusting.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Linux? What is that referring to? Android's listed so it can't be OSes built on top on Linux.

5. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Some of the Motorola phones/smartphones use Linux. In a less-mainstream capacity, there's also stuff like the OpenMoko project phones, but I'd bet that most of the Linux phones are the Moto ones.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Seeing that chart only makes me wonder how soon RIM, Apple and Android will be suffering what Palm had. Interesting...

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Don't forget to keep the virus protection on your PC up to date.

8. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF50) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I wasn't knocking the platform (I love Android) but it shows the tiny marketshare that Android has in its strongest market.

Ok so the title may seem harsh but its all in good fun!

9. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Phone Warz are serious business!!

10. anthongy817 macrumors newbie

Lol. What does Windows and Mac have to do about in this thread? I was just knocking on the title and voiced my opinion between the MOBILE devices.

I love Macs. Simple and functional. Same with the iPhone, but the same damn UI for the iPod Touch and iPad. I get tired of looking at basically the same screen day after day on multiple devices.

11. elephunkman macrumors 65816

RIM will be there for a while because the security of the devices is what many companies want. For example, many government areas require the use of a cell phone without a camera.

12. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Why on earth would you have an iPod Touch and an iPhone?

13. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

battery life, bigger room for stuff, be able to listen to your music while talking over the phone....e

14. mbell75 macrumors 6502

Funny thing is, Windows fanboys were saying this about Macs just a few years back. Gloating about market shares and how Macs will never overtake PCs and look whats happening now. The last 4 Android devices from HTC have all been excellent, Motorola has offered up some nice ones and Google keeps putting out timely and solid updates to Android. The Market also continues to grow by the day. You bet your booty Apple is feeling the heat too, as seen by Jobs getting all defensive and suing HTC. If things keep going along as they are now and Apple refuses to give customers what they want and what you can easily get on Android devices, that gap will close, and it will close quickly.

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I've been quoting these numbers for weeks.

And what exactly is happening now? Windows holds 92% market share while OSX has about 5%.

:confused:

16. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Haha I know man, I'm just kidding around.