Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
This is an eyeopener!
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/05/iphone-vs-android-report-finds-apple-has-three-times-googles/
10x0606menasmarkshare.jpg

Very strong numbers for the iPhone. How long till it takes RIM?

anthongy817

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2010
Nice title...not.

I'm enjoying my HTC Evo after owning my 'classic' iPhone for 2 years. The iPhone was very nice for those 2 years, since it was my first smartphone. The OS got old really quick once Apple started implementing similar UI for their other products.

Did I mention how much I hate iTunes? Disgusting.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Linux? What is that referring to? Android's listed so it can't be OSes built on top on Linux.

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
Linux? What is that referring to? Android's listed so it can't be OSes built on top on Linux.

Some of the Motorola phones/smartphones use Linux. In a less-mainstream capacity, there's also stuff like the OpenMoko project phones, but I'd bet that most of the Linux phones are the Moto ones.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Seeing that chart only makes me wonder how soon RIM, Apple and Android will be suffering what Palm had. Interesting...

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Nice title...not.

I'm enjoying my HTC Evo after owning my 'classic' iPhone for 2 years. The iPhone was very nice for those 2 years, since it was my first smartphone. The OS got old really quick once Apple started implementing similar UI for their other products.

Don't forget to keep the virus protection on your PC up to date.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF50) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

anthongy817 said:
Nice title...not.

I wasn't knocking the platform (I love Android) but it shows the tiny marketshare that Android has in its strongest market.

Ok so the title may seem harsh but its all in good fun!

anthongy817

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2010
Don't forget to keep the virus protection on your PC up to date.

Lol. What does Windows and Mac have to do about in this thread? I was just knocking on the title and voiced my opinion between the MOBILE devices.

I love Macs. Simple and functional. Same with the iPhone, but the same damn UI for the iPod Touch and iPad. I get tired of looking at basically the same screen day after day on multiple devices.

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston
RIM will be there for a while because the security of the devices is what many companies want. For example, many government areas require the use of a cell phone without a camera.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Lol. What does Windows and Mac have to do about in this thread? I was just knocking on the title and voiced my opinion between the MOBILE devices.

I love Macs. Simple and functional. Same with the iPhone, but the same damn UI for the iPod Touch and iPad. I get tired of looking at basically the same screen day after day on multiple devices.

Why on earth would you have an iPod Touch and an iPhone?

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Funny thing is, Windows fanboys were saying this about Macs just a few years back. Gloating about market shares and how Macs will never overtake PCs and look whats happening now. The last 4 Android devices from HTC have all been excellent, Motorola has offered up some nice ones and Google keeps putting out timely and solid updates to Android. The Market also continues to grow by the day. You bet your booty Apple is feeling the heat too, as seen by Jobs getting all defensive and suing HTC. If things keep going along as they are now and Apple refuses to give customers what they want and what you can easily get on Android devices, that gap will close, and it will close quickly.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I've been quoting these numbers for weeks.

Funny thing is, Windows fanboys were saying this about Macs just a few years back. Gloating about market shares and how Macs will never overtake PCs and look whats happening now.

And what exactly is happening now? Windows holds 92% market share while OSX has about 5%.

:confused:

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida

Haha I know man, I'm just kidding around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.