Mobile OSs Android - Which Keyboard do you use?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by chrf097, Apr 5, 2014.

?

Which Keyboard do you use?

1. Stock Android Keyboard

26 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. Swype

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Swiftkey

26 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. Touchpal

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. OEM Keyboard

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Other (please post)

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I can hardly use this stock Android keyboard. I mistype everything!

I'm trying both Swype and Swiftkey and I like both but obviously I'm only going to buy one.

Which keyboard do you Android users use, on which device?

2. mclld macrumors 68000

3. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I just use the android keyboard (typing this message with it) but mostly because it is good enough rather than because I love it. I remember liking Swiftkey too.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Kii Keyboard. Looks and feels like stock android but with more features.

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

The stock Google keyboard works extremely well for me. Personal dictionary, auto-correct works well, it has swipe built in and I can adjust the default sensor for how long a 'long-press' lasts for additional key functionality. I've tried all the rest, but keep going back to Google's keyboard.

6. ucfgrad93, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the stock (whatever HTC uses) keyboard on my One.

7. khha4113 macrumors regular

khha4113

Stock Google keyboard. I had both Swiftkey and Swype long time ago, but I prefer Google's.

8. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

I use Google's keyboard. Autocorrect accuracy and overall responsiveness have greatly improved in the last couple years, squashing my urge to use any of the 3rd party offerings. I don't swipe, though, so it might be that I'm easy to please.

9. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

x2

I keep wanting to replace it with Google or Samsung's but I can never last a whole day without Kii. I love having the emojis on there.

10. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

11. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

12. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I hate to say it, but I use the Samsung keyboard on my Note 3. I have Swiftkey, Android, Swype, and Fleksy all installed on my Note 3, but I always end up using the Samsung keyboard. It has gotten dramatically better than in previous versions.

13. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

14. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Swype.

This works best for alternating between two languages. I have tried (paid versions) of all the other major keyboards but they couldn't handle this nearly as well.

I also love the very intuitive commands for Copy/Paste/highligh All which are built into this keyboard - just swipe from the Swype symbol (lower left) to C, V or A. This is incredibly handy and something I just can't live without now, it works much faster for me than relying on the usual Android symbols. You can also swipe from the symbol to backspace to hide the keyboard, also very handy.

15. mclld macrumors 68000

Why do you hate to say it?

16. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Uh the stock note 3 keyboard is great. No need to be ashamed. I just hate the color scheme.

17. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Because I was such a critic on the GS3. I absolutely hated it. So honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised that the Samsung keyboard is so good on the Note 3.

18. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I have Swype, and LOVED it when it was the only/first swipe-style keyboard on Android. Now the stock Google KB has that capability and it works well, though maybe not as well as Swype did. I may still go back, I still have trouble with the stock Android KB.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

SwiftKey

Version 4.0.1.xxxx before the cloud syncing.

I love it. Has a Tagalog language pack I need. Predictive system is awesome. Have the light theme and at largest font. I text very fast. Nomore needing to type the whole word. Even predicts numbers once I tap a parenthesis.

I tried Swype texting on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and never got into it. I tried Kii as well. I just like the predictive system and how it learns how you type much more with SwiftKey.

20. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I use all of them but always keep coming back to SwiftKey.

I guess it's the directional arrows for me. I have huge hands and placing the cursor anywhere on the screen is painstakingly annoying. I wish Android had the magnifying glass like iOS. Really the only thing I enjoy when typing on the iPhone.

21. ukemochi macrumors newbie

Used kii for a very long time it is a great keyboard but I recently changed to Flesky Keyboard and its amazing but there is a learning curve.

22. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

About once a month I will try Kii, but I always end up going back to swiftkey.

23. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I primarily use Kii for typing and I use it in landscape orientation only. When I have to type in portrait or I want to type one-handed, I use Swype (in portrait only).

24. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Swiftkey, but I don't use any of the "cool" special features in it. Just think it reacts very well with my typing.

closest thing to what I consider the best keyboard of them all *holds up flame shield* The Iphone keyboard.

25. Espeonia macrumors member

Espeonia

Touchpal X usually; I switch to fleksy occasionally.