Angry Birds freezing at save. Shared highscores.lua

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by WannaApple?, Nov 22, 2011.

1. WannaApple?, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

FIXED!! Had to make permissions 777 instead of 755.

I just updated my Angry Birds Rio this morning and have been trying to play it all day, however when it gets to the point that I pass a level and tries to save, it freezes completely and I cant do anything. This happens everytime I exit the app and replay it.

Previously, right before iOS 5 came out, my phone had crashed and I restored and updated to the iOS 5 GM. Since I didn't restore from backup and I didnt want to have to replay all of my Angry Birds levels again, I just had my boyfriend give me his highscores.lua file so I could continue. This file was placed in the /var/mobile/applications/game/documents folder where it resides for the the other 2 Angry Birds games.

Would this have anything to do with why it would be freezing at trying to save? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I checked the permissions on the folder and file and they are both set to 755. Any other ideas? I really dont want to have to play all the previous levels again. Thanks for any help.

2. FunnyMonkey, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

FunnyMonkey macrumors newbie

How you changed permission from 755 to 777. I am having same problem as you.
    Hope changing permission will work for me too.
    Thank you in advance.