Angry Birds HD runs choppy

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by chris566, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chris566 macrumors regular

Angry Birds is a great game. It's given me hours of enjoyment on the iPhone. However, when I bought the iPad version I have been very disappointed. First, the HD version was five bucks. Second, the game runs choppy when comparing it to the iPhone version. It's awful. Somehow the app store reviews are great for the iPad version. Are other users not experiencing this or failing to notice this problem? The developer hasn't been of any help. They just tell me that new updates are coming soon. After the most recent update I became fed up after seeing that this problem wasn't fixed. I ended up installing the iPhone version on the iPad and running it at 2X. It's not choppy. The graphics obviously don't look as good running the game this way.

Has anyone else noticed this? What a waste of five bucks. I feel ripped off. Is this problem because the iPad doesn't have the Retina display?

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

For me anyway I'd not say it's choppy on my iPad.

However there is one odd thing that I wonder if everyone else has. When you load the game and it's playing the intro animation with the Angry Birds music and the various items flying across the screen, about every 2 seconds there is a tiny stutter in both the animation and music.

It constantly happens, all the time, every 2 or so seconds, just a short split second stutter.

Done it for ages now. Seems rather poor they don't fix this fault.

3. chris566 thread starter macrumors regular

I should also mention that I played the HD version in the Apple Store demo models. It had the choppy behavior on each of them as well.

I haven't noticed the intro glitch, Piggie. Maybe there are assorted glitches that appear on different iPads.

4. Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

Mine was fine until the Wild West update, then it started running choppy as hell, total pain, nothing you can do to fix it as far as I can tell. This new update with the next fifteen Wild West levels runs much more smoothly, now the birds don't pause in mid-flight anymore, unfortunately it still messes up and skips and stutters on the intro screen but thankfully the game itself is fine now. Takes a good while longer for the game to load up after this new update though.

I've never had any problems at all with the Seasons game though I expect I'll get some issues with one of the updates down the line.