Angry Birds is Lame!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Green™, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green™ macrumors member

Seriously, how could such an unintelligent, and rather dull app be the highest grossing app as well as the best selling app?

The monotony is ridiculous. Is this what happens when you trust the general consensus?

2. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Its a fun game to play and has great learning curve. Not the deepest of games but then its meant to be one you can pick up and play anytime

3. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

LOL!!

When I first started on that game, I had no idea what to expect. I enjoyed the simplicity of it. Oddly enough I found it getting progressively difficult.

What I enjoy about it? Ok the birds giggling while they plow into them nasty piggys appeals to me.

I didn't expect to have to use strategy with regards to the different ability of the birds to take down different materials of the pigs shelters. Yeah some of it is luck but a majority is using the correct trajectory and force at the correct angles to most effectively topple the shelters.

Fun, quick, makes me giggle.

The reason they make different games is that different people like different things, Angry birds wasn't for you, no biggie. Next time do some more research before purchasing.

Cheers

WW

4. Jinkst macrumors regular

Great story champ. I was moved enough by it to reply with how great it was. Give us the heads up when you come up with a good idea for a thread :)

5. Lingham macrumors regular

LOL at the OP!

Its not supposed to be the next Civilisation, like others have said it’s a game which is addictive. Really fun and a game you can just play at any point and you will enjoy it regardless. If you don’t like it you haven’t caught on as yet. That’s why it’s the best selling game – because its simple and addictive

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Still stuck at level 7, huh?

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Don't worry about it, OP. You are not the only one who doesn't see the point in the game. I got the free app and it lasted about 5 minutes.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I find it pretty entertaining. Well worth the 99cents

9. paulmacbeth macrumors member

10. Matthew. macrumors regular

There, much better.

11. staralfur macrumors member

Someone obviously cant get 3 stars on all levels!

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have the beta on my droidx and I have to say it can be addicting. I was a little skeptical at first but the game grew on me. Its a fun game and I cannot wait until the full game is released for android

13. Keleko macrumors 68000

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm sorry, who are you?

15. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

lol....

yea, some people think there award winning app designers.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm the **************** that got 3 stars on all levels. That's who I am. :D

17. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

18. Salacion macrumors 6502a

No, I agree. While most games are repetitive in the App Store, it's a repetition I just don't fancy. There are much better games, for the same price, that I prefer to purchase. It's a matter of choice.

I was always baffled by how popular Pocket God was/is. That's another one. I just don't fancy cartoony graphics. These games are nowhere close to in the same league as Dark Nebula or Aqueduct, Minigore, etc.

19. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Sounds like Green™ with envy that you didn't come up with such a simple game that is making beaucoup bucks.

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

It's a friggin phone. What really can you expect from a game played on a phone? That said, I think its absolutely awesome given the gaming format I play it on (a 3 inch touchscreen) and for the price I paid for it. Geez, is this thread for real?

21. mrathee macrumors 6502

I didnt really like it either - I played it for about 15 minutes (forcing about 12 of them) because of the hype, but never really enjoyed it.

everyone likes different things though - some people are bound to hate the best this and best that.

22. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

They can't ALL be fart apps. Deal with it.

23. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Posting threads in the wrong forum is lame. There's an APP forum on MR that you should have posted this thread.

25. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.