Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
So I have backed up and replaced by saved data from Angry Birds(all three versions) a few times now whenever a new jb comes out. But for some reason the original Angry Birds is giving me trouble. I think it is because when I first tried it I did things differently. Anyway, an update was released today and the game crashes after every level. I think there are only a couple files needed to get your saved data back in the game, but now that I have updated to a newer version I think that will cause more trouble with my old backup.

I'm wondering if someone is willing to upgrade to the new version, then send me the saved data files, or just send me everything in the screenshot below. That it how it worked for Seasons and Rio, I just copied everything:

ABScreenshot.png

I like the game, but not enough to play all the levels again. This is also the reason I wish they would come out with the Angry Birds Sync they mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any help.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you are having the "crash" whenever you get a star on a level, the following process will work if you are jb'n. You're in this forum so I assume you are. This is a post from forum member PK24

Ok sods law after asking for help , i manage to do it , files used settings.lua and hiscores.lua

I reinstalled angry birds and ran it to main menu ( which created the new settings.lua ) then closed game copied my backed up settings.lua over new one , ran game again and noticed all games id played where now accessable , played 1st level and completed ( which creates new highscores.lua ) returned to main menu , and quit game , copied my backed up highscores.lua over new one , rerun game and all games id done where complete , and evrything else works ( complete game screen works , hidden eggs works ) , hope this info helps someone

I used this a while back, but the last two times I restored with PkgBackup my Angry Birds achievements were restored as part of the process. Of course you'd need your original hiscores and settings files!

Good luck!

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
If you are having the "crash" whenever you get a star on a level, the following process will work if you are jb'n. You're in this forum so I assume you are. This is a post from forum member PK24

Ok sods law after asking for help , i manage to do it , files used settings.lua and hiscores.lua

I reinstalled angry birds and ran it to main menu ( which created the new settings.lua ) then closed game copied my backed up settings.lua over new one , ran game again and noticed all games id played where now accessable , played 1st level and completed ( which creates new highscores.lua ) returned to main menu , and quit game , copied my backed up highscores.lua over new one , rerun game and all games id done where complete , and evrything else works ( complete game screen works , hidden eggs works ) , hope this info helps someone

I used this a while back, but the last two times I restored with PkgBackup my Angry Birds achievements were restored as part of the process. Of course you'd need your original hiscores and settings files!

Good luck!

Yeah, I read that already. I know how its done, my issue is not having those files, thats why I was hoping someone would be kind enough to send them to me. Thanks for the info though

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I read that already. I know how its done, my issue is not having those files, thats why I was hoping someone would be kind enough to send them to me. Thanks for the info though

So you want someone else's achievements on your phone? I missed that. Unless your old backup is corrupted, it should work fine. Or if you have that file on another IOS device, it should work as well.

Good luck.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
So you want someone else's achievements on your phone? I missed that. Unless your old backup is corrupted, it should work fine. Or if you have that file on another IOS device, it should work as well.

Good luck.

I don't really care about the achievements, I just don't want to play all the levels over again. But I am going to try one more time and see if I can get it to work with what I have I guess.

Thanks

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah, mine is messed up. Its not going to work without new files.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Download and install datadeposit from cydia.
It backs up any game data you want online and then you can restore it to any iphone/ipad/ipod touch you want. Even after you setup as new.

I should do that, but everything has worked before except something went wrong with Angry Birds. I actually just restored my iPhone as new, redid the jb, and had no problems with Seasons or Rio, just the original Angry Birds. Oh well.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I should do that, but everything has worked before except something went wrong with Angry Birds. I actually just restored my iPhone as new, redid the jb, and had no problems with Seasons or Rio, just the original Angry Birds. Oh well.

That sucks.
And the original angry birds is the one with over 250 levels so its a pain to redo all that again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.