Angry Birds scores reset

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by davidinva, Feb 26, 2011.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I recently purchased Angry Birds for the Mac. Visitors played it and have lots of scores. Is there anyway to reset the scores? (Rovio website is not much help.) Thanks.

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

By scores do you mean the stars? If so delete the game and redown load it. That should clear everything. You wont have to pay again since you already bough it once

3. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

Yes, stars. That should do it. I wasn't aware that you could download again without paying again.

4. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Yes because the game is tied to your itunes account.
    Its like when you buy a new iphone or ipod, you need to redownload all the games an apps, they dont make you pay for them again as long as you are using the same itunes account

5. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Angry Birds score reset

Removed the app on my computer and downloaded it again. Scores remain the same. Would still like to start from scratch. I can't find any preferences for AB.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Try to create a Crystal account, that would contain the scores you don't want.

Then create another account, which might be a fresh account.

7. lordal macrumors newbie

To reset the scores in OSX you need to navigate to /Users/"your username"/Library/Application Support/Rovio/Angry Birds and delete the following,

settings.lua
    highscores.lua

this resets the game to the beginning

If anyone knows how to launch a different instance of the game so someone else can start from the begining without having to delete the scores I would be gratefull

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Make a folder called something like Angry Birds Scores, then have each subfolder inside that folder with the name of the person eg John, Max etc. Drag the two files above into those folders and when you wish to start the game from one of those accounts drag their prefrences back into the game.

If it makes sense it should work lol...

9. lordal macrumors newbie

Thanks for that, it does make sense, as I am all ready using that method.

What I'm after is a way to alter the launcher config so as to point the app at the different sub-folders. I'm much more used to Linux than OSX but I'm sure it must be possible.

10. Patrick32 macrumors newbie

Could you explain to a newbie how thats done, how to navigate there

11. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

12. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

In Lion the Library folder is hidden by default. You will need to go into terminal and type "chflags nohidden library" to be able to view it in finder.

I'm sure there is some way in finder menu to reveal it, but this is a easy way to make it always visible.

13. lordal macrumors newbie

Another way to show the library in Lion

In Finder hold down option key and click "Go" on the menu bar then select library. A Finder will open with the library folder in it

14. Patrick32, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

Patrick32 macrumors newbie

I opened terminal, typed that and pressed enter, no difference?

Is this possible?

15. Patrick32 macrumors newbie

I have the 2 files in separate folder, how do you drag to the game as if you literally drag files onto the game itself, nothing happens, also if you drag to angry birds icon on the dock nothing happens. Is there another way?

16. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

After you run that command, the Library folder will show up in your user/home folder in finder.

17. EricHvk macrumors member

If someone is still looking for a way for multi users under the same OSX Account let me know I can write an apple script to accomplish this for you user then manually dragging and droping.

18. ubikom macrumors newbie

scipt to manage score on mac os lion.

Yes, i would like such a script,, you're very kind

19. EricHvk macrumors member

I am too drunk to code. I will get back with you in a few days I have half of it written in AS. I just decided to go out with me boys and you know the next thing lead to another.