Angry Birds Space crashes at launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HaraldBT, Apr 6, 2012.

1. HaraldBT Guest

Angry Birds space always crashes at launch after showing the message "The application "AngryBirdsSpace" unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?". This started happening after I once quitted the app while it was launching, and now it always happens. I had the same problem with Angry Birds Seasons, but I fixed it by erasing it's Saved application state-folder. The strange thing is that it doesn't seam like the app has saved information anywhere, neither in the saved application state-folder or in the application support folder. Does anyone know why this happens?

2. DanielHamilton macrumors newbie

Same

Ive Had The Exact Same Problem As You, I Force Quit out Of Angry Birds Space Whilst It Was Opening.. Ever Since It Came Up With Restore/Dont Restore And then A Huge Error Message. I dont know what to do, I've reinstalled it and deleted all the files with app cleaner and it still didn't work. Help! :mad:

3. Stewart21 macrumors regular

This happened to me with the original Angry Birds. I contacted Rovio but they were no help. I did get it working by creating another user.Logged in as that user and Angry Birds worked. Go figure.

Stewart

4. HaraldBT thread starter Guest

I found the solution, but it's really odd. When the crash report shows up, choose to reopen the app. DON'T click the dock icon, but close all windows so that the dialog is the only window, but not active. Press cmd+shift+4+space, and take a screenshot of the dialog. For some strange reason, you are now able to mark the text in the dialog. Do so, and wait for it to crash. Don't choose reopen. Open it yourself, and it will now launch without crashing, but only this time. Press cmd+alt+q to reset the saved application state. Angry birds space will once again work! You could also delete the "Saved application state" folder in the libary folder, but for some reason it didn't show up for Angry Birds Space.

5. Radiojunkie2012, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

Radiojunkie2012 macrumors newbie

Angry Birds Rio Quit Unexpectedly

Had the same problem with Angry Birds Rio. Deleted the "Saved Application State" folder and now it's back in action. Thanks so much for the fix!