Angry Birds update.. GRRR!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cocky jeremy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I'm having an extremely weird issue with the Mac App Store, and so far the Apple person that has been emailing me via Support Page has been useless. I bought Angry Birds months ago. I login a week or so ago and see there's a new update (1.5.1) and i click "Update" and get an error telling me i have to login to the account asdfff2011@mail.ur to get updates for this account. This is not my account, i've never seen this email, and i have no idea why i get this error. The Apple CSR has already verified that i DID purchase this on my account, yet it won't let me download the update. So i said forget it and deleted the app.

I still have a notification badge showing i have an update. So i can't download the update OR get rid of the badge. To top it off, when i search Angry Birds it says "Install" instead of "Buy" to further verify i have bought the application. So i thought, fine. Click Install.. and i get "Unknown Error", click "OK" on it, then get "We could not complete your request. There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later (4)"

Any ideas to get:

A) My update to work
    B) Get the badge off my Dock icon

Thanks in advance.

2. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

THere is another thread opened today about this. I'm not affected, but did a google search and found that the general consensus seems to be that some cracked software is to blame. Have you installed any cracked software? Specifically a crack of FC Pro X was mentioned as a culprit.

4. harrisondavies macrumors 6502

harrisondavies

Someone "Borrowing" another persons app and receipt for an app they didn't buy and placing said receipt in an apps folder with the intention of using the app for free is usually the culprit.

The Mac App store then becomes confused and will ask you to login with the "Borrowed" login.

Bad idea, delete the software that you don't own, including the receipt that you don't legally own, and the Mac App store will fix itself.

5. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I don't even know what you mean by "receipt"?

6. Fakepilot, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

Fakepilot macrumors newbie

Same problem, but never bought it

I'm getting the Angry Birds update in my MAS, but I never ever bought the software. It says that I should sign in with asdfff2011@mail.ru to update it.

Got so annoyed by it, I tried to buy the software myself. That russian ID appeared again, deleted and entered my own details. But it wasn't possible, an "Unknown Error" sign showed up.

Tried searching for Angry Birds on my computer but I had absolutely nothing.

And yeah, also contacted Apple support about it and reached no-where.

7. Mr.Tuvok macrumors newbie

That sounds very strange - perhaps your mac is infected with some kind of malware. You should immediately update it to get rid of any sort of malicious software (especially macdefender) - if this message nevertheless continues to pop up, I would definitively secure my private information, wipe my system and do a clean install. You should also be aware, that chances are very high that your Apple ID got compromised by entering it after this ominous pop up.