Angry birds wants a different email to upgrade.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by YooperHunter, Jun 9, 2013.

1. YooperHunter macrumors newbie

I have angry birds on my MBP. It's one of only 3 or 4 games I have allowed my son to download onto this thing. Every time there is a upgrade for OSX or anything else, angry birds also shows an update. When I click the update button, it asks for my itunes login and then tells me it's wrong. So AB is always on the update list with no way to update it.

I have tried deleting it, and re-downloading it a couple times with no luck.

Need to mention this started on a 2009 MBP and continued after I bought a 2013 MBP-r and re-downloaded my apps.

Any idears?

2. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I know this may sound odd, but you can see those symptoms if you've turned off Spotlight indexing.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

This happens when you have an app that was purchased with that other account. The App store app will find copies of purchased apps outside of the Applications folder so search your computer for other copies and delete them.

4. YooperHunter thread starter macrumors newbie

That is a good possibility. I'll check that.

----------

I have only had one account. Whole family, one account.

5. madakkadam macrumors newbie

Same problem with angry birds

I also get with each software update (Mountain Lion) also automatically an update from Angry Birds which is preset to an UNKNOWN apple ID to which I obviously have no password. Neither do I even have Angry Birds on my Macbook installed at all. (I tried once to download it about 6 month ago - it failed...)
    Now I cannot get rid of this bogus updates which cannot be executed.
    No Idea how to stop this.